Author Topic: Recumbent skills progressing  (Read 2046 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Recumbent skills progressing
« on: 07 May, 2017, 11:00:46 pm »
Managed to remove bottle from cage, drink and replace, whilst on the move and not kill myself yesterday.  First time on the M5, with it's bizarrely located cage position
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Recumbent skills progressing
« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2017, 06:15:05 am »
Nice, next you be doing wheelies.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 08 May, 2017, 08:52:53 am »
Thanks to bizarrely located bottle cages, the only one I can do that on is the ICE trike, which doesn't count due to the lower probability of falling off.  It's slightly better at wheelies, too.

ElyDave

« Reply #3 on: 08 May, 2017, 06:12:28 pm »
I have some rivnuts courtesy of Kevin at DTEK to fit two bottles in more useful positions using the seatshell rather than frame, but not yet had the time to do it.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #4 on: 08 May, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »
Be careful if you rivnut into a grp seat.  There are two of these on my Performer Amigo (20/26) which I used to mount a bottle cage - but when I had a spill (chain dropped off the granny ring on a climb) the bike landed on the cage, pulling the rivnuts out of the grp.  I repaired with epoxy, but maybe it could have been avoided by thoughtful placing of the rivnuts.

Since fitted a dog fang and not dropped a chain since.....

My SAKI does not have rivnuts in the seat, which poses a whole new set of problems in mounting bottle cages.  Recumbents eh?

LMT

« Reply #5 on: 08 May, 2017, 08:55:09 pm »
http://www.ademhr.com/products/cage_mount.html

These are cool and is what I had when I had my Metabike. You can improvise with as well using some velcro to fix to the frame rather than drilling.

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2017, 10:07:23 pm »
http://www.ademhr.com/products/cage_mount.html

These are cool and is what I had when I had my Metabike. You can improvise with as well using some velcro to fix to the frame rather than drilling.

These are rather nice, and I bought some PE stock to make one, but the SAKI seat has too much curve at the outer edges to allow the cross piece to sit snugly across the seat width..  May be able to mould the cross piece with some heat - will have to have a play.

ElyDave

« Reply #7 on: 09 May, 2017, 07:01:30 am »
I've used these rivnuts before, on the ICE B2, they are a rubber thing with threaded insert, so have a degree of flex if needed. I looked at the adem thing previously, but thought it might be uncomfortable.