Author Topic: Anyone want their own Hawker Hurricane?  (Read 4154 times)

Re: Anyone want their own Hawker Hurricane?
« Reply #25 on: 22 September, 2017, 09:41:12 am »
I do love the Mosquito, it's one of my favorite planes. I'm not so sure I'd want to fly in one now I know that they've got some very hairy characteristics on one engine. I'm sure if you offered me one I'd go for it though :)

You wan't a Hornet you do. Like a Mossie but smaller and faster and it flew just fine on a single engine whilst being very aerobatic when both engines were operational.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #26 on: 22 September, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »
That could be tricky:

No complete examples of the Hornet remain in existence today..

..Through 1956 and 1957, the majority of the retired Hornets were scrapped, having deteriorated badly due to the weather during storage.

But..

SEA HORNET BEING RESTORED TO FLY!

We ran our survey over the last few days, concerning the aircraft that is presently extinct as a flying species, that readers would most like to see return to the skies. It seems that de Havilland's magnificent, elegant, and quicksilver-fast Hornet is what more people are yearning to see than any other type! Well that wish is going to come true

https://www.facebook.com/ClassicWingsMagazine/photos/a.441600692547940.92871.251326048242073/1674906892550641/?type=3&theater
Move Faster and Bake Things

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #27 on: 25 September, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »
I do love the Mosquito, it's one of my favorite planes. I'm not so sure I'd want to fly in one now I know that they've got some very hairy characteristics on one engine. I'm sure if you offered me one I'd go for it though :)

You wan't a Hornet you do. Like a Mossie but smaller and faster and it flew just fine on a single engine whilst being very aerobatic when both engines were operational.

Yes. Yes I do want one. Damnit! :)
Everyone's favourite windbreak