Author Topic: Osx11  (Read 3741 times)

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
Re: Osx11
« Reply #25 on: 14 October, 2017, 09:32:44 pm »
telnet and command line ftp have been removed from high sierra. Just had to install brew and then use that to install telnet.

Telnet isn't secure and generally frowned upon nowadays, have you tried SSH?
Everyone's favourite windbreak

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 14 October, 2017, 10:14:16 pm »

I can't remember the last time I used telnet to connect to an actual telnet server.  Probably around the time people were talking about the millennium bug.

It's still useful as a general-purpose network debugging tool.  Especially if you can speak SMTP or whatever.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #27 on: 15 October, 2017, 09:39:55 am »
telnet and command line ftp have been removed from high sierra. Just had to install brew and then use that to install telnet.

I've used SSH - but I simply use telnet on my home network to access my Raspi based Kodi setup. If someone is sniffing packets on my home network, then security is already bolloxed.

Oh yes - I specifically needed it this week for Ascii Star Wars:
telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Similarly not to worried about nefarious types spying on that little piece of geekiness :D

ian

« Reply #28 on: 23 October, 2017, 06:39:57 pm »
Actually, there's a bit of non-critical cursor glitchiness in InDesign.

Bizarrely, I didn't get this when I first updated, but I've just started experiencing it today. It's extremely annoying. Do you know of any way to fix it, or do I have to wait for the next CC update?

Despite the fact they seemed to blame Apple, it seems to be fixed in the new InDesign 2018 (yes, it's already 2018 in Adobe-land, they're so futuretastic).

And jeez, Adobe, don't change your bloody application names with each release. They have a version number, use it and don't break my links, ta.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #29 on: 23 October, 2017, 07:53:06 pm »
I updated to CC 2018 last week, at about the same time as I was finishing my last piece of work with a 2017 date. I feel like the Red Queen - it's impossible to keep up. Christmas has already been and gone in my world.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."