Author Topic: R.I.P. Sean Hughes  (Read 1582 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
R.I.P. Sean Hughes
« on: 16 October, 2017, 12:16:19 pm »
It is simpler than it looks.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
Re: R.I.P. Sean Hughes
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2017, 12:24:20 pm »
Just saw this. 

51. Ridiculously young.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 16 October, 2017, 12:26:41 pm »
 :(

I really loved his first sitcom series ["Sean's Show". 90's? 00s? "just putting on the jazz" :)]. He was pretty good on Buzzcocks too.

I'd forgotten all about him until now. Very sad.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2017, 12:58:24 pm »
I remember seeing him at Middlesbrough Town Hall in teh 90's as a tour development of his Shaun's Show - a funny chap with a cult following at the time (much like Vic & Bob era of comedy) RIP!
Regards,

Joergen

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #4 on: 16 October, 2017, 01:03:10 pm »
I saw him in the Cowgate about 20 Festivals ago, so drunk he could hardly stand up. An hour later he was snogging the face off some woman.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #5 on: 16 October, 2017, 01:06:36 pm »
I saw his stand-up a couple of times over the past 3 years, and he had an infrequent podcast which was funny.

I think I liked Sean's Show but I can't remember anything about it.  Looking at it on Wikipedia it was based on the premise that he was aware that he was in his own sit-com.  I assume it borrowed that from Garry Shandling.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #6 on: 16 October, 2017, 06:15:00 pm »
I saw his stand-up a couple of times over the past 3 years, and he had an infrequent podcast which was funny.

I think I liked Sean's Show but I can't remember anything about it.  Looking at it on Wikipedia it was based on the premise that he was aware that he was in his own sit-com.  I assume it borrowed that from Garry Shandling.

I think it's available on 4OD from what I read earlier today.. I might look it out, hopefully its stood the test of time.
Regards,

Joergen