Author Topic: West Midlands Winter Festival Ride  (Read 1893 times)

essexian

West Midlands Winter Festival Ride
« on: 22 October, 2017, 09:27:42 am »
Is anyone up for a winter festival ride this year based somewhere in the West Midlands or thereabouts?

I always seem to miss the ones done down Rugby way as they tend to clash with something else, so it would be nice to do a ride perhaps on a Sunday, or if that's not possible, how about an early evening ride.  I had thought of visiting this and then retiring to one/ some of the local pubs around there.... http://www.haughton-staffs.org.uk/page9.html

Or, I seem to remember there being a ride out from Sutton Park which was done a few times a couple of years back.

So, is anyone up for a ride. If so, ideas welcomed.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: West Midlands Winter Festival Ride
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2017, 11:19:33 am »
Interested...

« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2017, 02:17:28 pm »
Haughton is not too far from Stafford railway station.

« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2017, 03:06:25 pm »
Another ride similar to the Sutton Part event could interest me.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #4 on: 23 October, 2017, 03:59:32 pm »
Yes it was me that organised the rides from Sutton Park a couple of years ago. I think that I still have the route of them somewhere.  Let me know if you want them.  These were run on a Saturday morning in early January from a cafe just inside Sutton Park where there was plenty of free car-parking and the chance for a full breakfast before the start.

I spent most of last January abroad in Gran Canaria and possibly doing the same again in 2018 but in Tenerife.

Definitely interested though if im not abroad!

« Reply #5 on: 05 November, 2017, 08:48:14 pm »
Registering potential interest if I'm about - not sure whether I'll be at the in-laws, but otherwise would be up for it, especially as Sutton Park's within riding distance of my front door.

essexian

« Reply #6 on: 06 November, 2017, 10:07:44 am »
Shall we do the Sutton Ride then?

If so, when???

« Reply #7 on: 06 November, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »
You need to present the ride to people with a definite date, time, location and route, otherwise you will get loads of people suggesting various things but never actually commiting themselves to it and then probably dropping out at some point. 

So its over to you Ian.

essexian

« Reply #8 on: 07 November, 2017, 11:59:49 am »
Thanks. If you could forward me the route map, I would be grateful.

I think I will park this here for a couple of weeks until I know more about my movements for Jan/Feb 2018 and then reopen it with a poll regarding dates etc.

Cheers

Ian

« Reply #9 on: 08 November, 2017, 11:47:40 am »
I dont appear to have the route saved anymore.  But from memory it was from Sutton Park Town gate, out of Hartopp Gate to Mere Green and then thru' Little Hay, Weeford, Whittington, Fradley to Fradley Junction and back thru' Lichfield, Wall, Shenstone, Lit.Aston and Roman Road to enter the park again at Streetly Gate. 

Total distance I think was about 30 miles

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #10 on: 08 November, 2017, 10:15:05 pm »
Definitely possible, subject to availability. I did one of Jethro's iterations and enjoyed it.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?