Author Topic: swmbo's ill  (Read 2659 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
swmbo's ill
« on: 01 November, 2017, 01:50:49 pm »
Early hours of Tues morn, she woke up with stomach pains, went to the loo, passed out, fell off the loo and head butted the floor.woke up in a small pool of blood, from a nose bleed from the impact, called out to me, so I helped her up and she was very ill , for the next day. She had a lump like two half sprouts on her forhead, that has now subsided, and a black eye.She's still in bed now, keeps sleeping, hardly eaten, taking some fluids, water and watered down fruit juice. Not been sick for 14 hrs now. I think its food poisoning according to google doc. Any thing else I should do?

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Re: swmbo's ill
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2017, 01:54:50 pm »
Those could be signs of head injury.  Call 111 or take her to A+E.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #2 on: 01 November, 2017, 02:08:36 pm »
Definitely need checking for a concussion, worth going to a walkin centre if nothing else.

The stomach pains might have been something minor, but then a wack on the head like that could be major!
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #3 on: 01 November, 2017, 02:11:13 pm »
Toilet floor is vinyl covered hardboard on wood, and she was on loo with head down, so only prob 18" off the floor So quite soft really, pretty sure she's sleepy from the sickness/ trots. Headache from lack of fluids / laying down. Seems a bit perkier now , but I'm keeping an eye on her.

« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2017, 02:17:32 pm »
Any head injury crucial that is seen within 24 hours.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 01 November, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »
Isotonic sports drinks can be more palatable than Dioralyte and come in adult quantities.

If she's peeing enough, has no pain and trots are subsiding, it's probably just a question of watching and waiting.

Call an ambulance if SEVERE headache, high fever or confusion.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #6 on: 01 November, 2017, 04:00:22 pm »
She's had a temp all day, complaint of feeling sick, just been sick again and now feels a bit better. GP phoned.....hmmmahhhh. Diaralite isntit!  Chocolate teapot :facepalm:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #7 on: 01 November, 2017, 04:51:30 pm »
Hope it clears up soon.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #8 on: 01 November, 2017, 10:03:06 pm »
If that were me making those decisions she would have been in A & E first thing Tuesday.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #9 on: 01 November, 2017, 11:29:30 pm »
If that were me making those decisions she would have been in A & E first thing Tuesday.

You can get appointments for A&E a week in advance  in Essex  :o
It is simpler than it looks.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #10 on: 02 November, 2017, 11:02:32 am »

very difficult with an unwilling patient that is spewing forth from every orrifice.  I wasn't asking for advice re bump n the head really,  more the re hydration thing, anyway shes quite perky this morning, had some toast and a satsuma. Thanks for you help folks.

« Reply #12 on: 04 November, 2017, 12:01:20 pm »

very difficult with an unwilling patient that is spewing forth from every orrifice.  I wasn't asking for advice re bump n the head really,  more the re hydration thing, anyway shes quite perky this morning, had some toast and a satsuma. Thanks for you help folks.

My much. After half had a really nasty fall a few years ago that resulted in an almighty crack of head against keen. She was in a right state, but stubbornly drove herself home and refused to go to A&E or seek any medical advice. I can fully understand the frustration being on the end of that entails.

Glad she's feeling premier.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #13 on: 04 November, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »
Thanks for that,she's tickatyboo ish now, appetite back, only one fading blackeye , and getting stronger by the day. One tends forget the impact a serious bought of illness can have, and after about an hour and a half gentle ambling around Faversham creek she was completely bushed, came home and had a HEARTY early dinner incl KAKE for pud. Top girl!!