16 (26.2%)
I'm rubbish
3 (4.9%)
Just give me a fork
12 (19.7%)
I'll use my hands
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Can you use chopsticks?  (Read 7259 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Can you use chopsticks?
« Reply #50 on: 29 November, 2017, 05:53:25 pm »
Which brings me to the question are there any other eating implements other than knives, forks, spoons and chopsticks ?

I presume the Noble Spork doesn't count.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #51 on: 29 November, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »
All at Castell E can use chopsticks; The earlier point about manual dexterity is interesting, and may be relevant to us. I'm an artist, Mrs E is a textile designer and weaver, and E Minor is a juggler, and handy at woodwork.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #52 on: 29 November, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »
That strikes me as a serving/cooking implement, not one I would happily put into my mouth...

Reminds me of the story some time back where a young lady of the type that appears in Metro 'lost' a sex toy in her, erm, astern porthole. Recovery operations, the Metro cheerfully reported, included a range of kitchen implements and, if I recall, a pair of BBQ tongs. I have no idea if chopsticks were tried.

Faced with such a challenge, I would try obstetric forceps or multiple Foley urine catheters, to be used like a Fogarty...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #53 on: 29 November, 2017, 06:42:56 pm »
All at Castell E can use chopsticks; The earlier point about manual dexterity is interesting, and may be relevant to us. I'm an artist, Mrs E is a textile designer and weaver, and E Minor is a juggler, and handy at woodwork.

Chopsticks feed zillions of Oriental folk so can't really need sophisticated dexterity.

I see them as extensions of the index and middle finger.

Unfortunately my left ulnar nerve is a bit rubbish from cycling and my right hand is very weak from MS.

« Reply #54 on: 29 November, 2017, 06:45:40 pm »
I usually eat fish with some chopped up veg. for breakfast. I use Chopsticks. It's part of my morning breakfast routine so when I have porridge I also use chopsticks. I usually chop up some fruit to go into Porridge.

« Reply #55 on: 30 November, 2017, 09:03:41 am »
After being married to a Japanese woman for more than 15 years, and eating Japanese almost every day, I can use chopsticks.
Sometimes we use chopsticks even for Western foods.

ian

« Reply #56 on: 30 November, 2017, 10:59:49 am »
I think we all know that the moment we leave those foreign shores, the locals breathe a sigh of relief, toss away the chopsticks and pull out the secret spork.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #57 on: 02 December, 2017, 05:15:39 pm »
No. Hopeless. If my life depended on it I'd probably starve.

That's why, given the choice of venue, it's always a ruby.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.