Author Topic: Amazon Prime Day - how to prepare  (Read 1453 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Amazon Prime Day - how to prepare
« on: 11 July, 2018, 09:08:11 am »
Amazon prime day (APD) is nearly upon us, with lots of items that will be reduced and excellent value for money. However, it is important that you prepare properly for the day, so you can get the best bargains and save the most money. It doesn't matter if you need an item, a bargain's a bargain. Right?

There are the obvious things like making sure that you are properly hydrated and nourished. It may be worth considering Carb loading, and if you have a number of friends who are also thinking about their preparations for APD then maybe you could have a pasta party the night before. With APD actually kicking off at midnight UK time, perhaps you could set up a home LAN and get your friend s to bring their laptops around to yours. Then you'd all be able to go straight into the shopping spree directly after the past party. If you do go down this rout, then it might be as well to avoid alcohol at the pasta party or who know what you might buy :) And with APD actually being 36 hours in duration, perhaps it would be best to sleep the day before so that you have a better chance of making it through the whole session without a break; after all you don't want to be missing out on the bargains.

An alternative approach for amateur shoppers is to sit down before the day and write a list of things you have been considering buying. Do a quick bit of research to check the best prices for these items. Then on the day, if you do get drawn in to the fray and come across a onceinalifetimenottobemissed bargain, you can check your list. if it's not on the list walk away; if it is on the list, check the price is ACTUALLY less than you would have paid or walk away. And finally, once you've spent your available money, walk away.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Amazon Prime Day - how to prepare
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2018, 09:44:54 am »
I shall prepare for it by fighting for businesses in our own country that actually contribute to our society and communities.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2018, 12:43:49 pm »
 ???

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2018, 01:22:08 pm »
???
Amazon prime day? it's a 26 hours of bargains galore for members of Amazon Prime.
They release the bargains at intervals through out the day, but you can see what is coming. So if there is something you want, you have to log in at the right time and hope you are fast enough to buy at the bargain price. Actually, there are some genuine bargains to be had, but if you don't need an item then you've not really saved anything :)
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4 on: 12 July, 2018, 08:36:43 pm »
I thought it started at noon in the UK ? Am I missing something ?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5 on: 12 July, 2018, 08:58:23 pm »
I thought it started at noon in the UK ? Am I missing something ?
well one of us is, but as I’ve not paid a great deal of attention to it then the likelihood that I’m the one missing something is very high.  ;D

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #6 on: 12 July, 2018, 10:42:56 pm »
Does 'ignoring it utterly'* count as preparation?

*See also 'Black Friday', 'Super Tuesday' and any other 'marketing' 'opportunities' . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #7 on: 13 July, 2018, 04:18:13 am »
Does 'ignoring it utterly'* count as preparation?

*See also 'Black Friday', 'Super Tuesday' and any other 'marketing' 'opportunities' . .

It does to me; I'm always keen to find a 100% saving!