Author Topic: Image back-up..?  (Read 6968 times)

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
Re: Image back-up..?
« Reply #25 on: 29 April, 2008, 01:04:30 pm »
That's interesting and the prices are good. It's cheap enough that I think I'll try mozy, it's not much money for an extra level of security. But I wonder how long it will take to uplaod 170Gb of pictures  :-[

If you've got a 512Kb upload and say you actually manage about 300Kb in reality, then 3-4Gb a day and up to 6Gb. I just left my PC on while it did it. Check your speed with this http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

My router was showing 256k, and uploads achieve that. The phone line to the house was one of the first two to be installed in the street (the other is next door) and the best connection speed I ever see is just under 3Mb.

This may take a little while....
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Re: Image back-up..?
« Reply #26 on: 30 April, 2008, 07:42:51 am »
My router was showing 256k, and uploads achieve that. The phone line to the house was one of the first two to be installed in the street (the other is next door) and the best connection speed I ever see is just under 3Mb.

This may take a little while....

I get 6Mb/s downloads quite regularly (typically 5.7Mb/s), but haven't seen better than 380kb/s upload, so on that basis you're upload to download ratio is better than mine!
Actually, it is rocket science.