Author Topic: Scouting Mam Tor (207km) / Edale Run (167km) from Winsford  (Read 7408 times)

Re: Scouting Mam Tor (207km) / Edale Run (167km) from Winsford
« Reply #25 on: 15 March, 2017, 08:52:46 am »
That's sobering.

You are all in my thoughts.

Rich
Eddington Number 75

« Reply #26 on: 16 March, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »

Mark Namgauds RIP

This photo was taken between Taddington and Flagg about 30 minutes prior to Mark's untimely death. The family have visited the site and Mark's son has ridden to the top of The Rakes on his dad's bike as a tribute to his dad
https://creweandnantwichaudax.wordpress.com/ - See the Audax events I currently organise

www.milehousebarn.co.uk - Cycle Friendly B&B in Nantwich, Chehsire

« Reply #27 on: 20 March, 2017, 09:09:00 pm »
I have discovered that I have a pair of gloves, that do not belong to me, since doing this event.  I can only imagine that I inadvertently picked them up with my own kit at the finish.  Anyone missing a pair?  I can't think where else they could have come from.

« Reply #28 on: 20 March, 2017, 09:55:31 pm »
Further along the road I attempted to find car users with medical training - alas with little luck.
Dear Phil,

Upon re-reading the thread I have realised that I have failed to acknowledge and thank you for your efforts, please accept my apologies. I am sure there were many acts of kindness that went unseen and unacknowledged by myself that day as I am sure you will understand my attention was focused on other things, I only recently remembered for example that a motorist brought two blankets to keep Mark warm. I am sure that the sight of a fellow cyclist being administered CPR by other cyclists must be traumatic to all those who witnessed the sad event, definitely the last thing anyone would want to witness.

Many thanks again, keep safe

Brandon
https://creweandnantwichaudax.wordpress.com/ - See the Audax events I currently organise

whosatthewheel

« Reply #29 on: 23 February, 2018, 12:23:49 pm »
Anyone doing this?

A quick look at the route, it seems that unless one badly needs those 2 points, the hundred miler BP seems the better option

« Reply #30 on: 23 February, 2018, 01:45:12 pm »
I'm in. I really think this is a cracking ride, however as you have pointed out the additional 40 km loop towards the end does not add much to the route, but is useful for those wanting points for RTTY etc. I'm riding the 167km but ECE'ing it from home to get a 200 in.

The real struggle for me is that when you get to Church Minshull you either turn right and your finished in 10 km or you turn left and do a further 40 odd km and I only live 7km from where you turn so it is a real struggle because within 10km I could either be home or at the finish

whosatthewheel

« Reply #31 on: 23 February, 2018, 01:57:33 pm »
Thanks,

I had the feeling the loop in the flat part of Cheshire was in essence bonus miles... I used to live in south Manchester and I never got to like the flat part of Cheshire... things only become interesting east of Alderley Edge...  ;D

« Reply #32 on: 23 February, 2018, 04:09:25 pm »
If you do ride the extra the Old Ma's cafe at Tattenhall are really worth supporting, just be careful that if you order a large tea or coffee that you do not fall in as there is the serious risk of drowning!

« Reply #33 on: 23 February, 2018, 07:59:51 pm »
Thanks,

I had the feeling the loop in the flat part of Cheshire was in essence bonus miles... I used to live in south Manchester and I never got to like the flat part of Cheshire... things only become interesting east of Alderley Edge...  ;D
I started my cycling living in Cheadle Hulme and then Wilmslow/Alderley Edge. I'd have said that the great thing was you could go either way, and have either terrain :thumbsup:

whosatthewheel

« Reply #34 on: 24 February, 2018, 06:26:52 pm »
Edale run entered... finger crossed for some milder weather

whosatthewheel

« Reply #35 on: 08 March, 2018, 08:40:40 pm »
Anybody else for this? Looks like double digit temperatures... at least in the plains of Cheshire!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #36 on: 10 March, 2018, 07:22:41 pm »
Thanks,

I started my cycling living in Cheadle Hulme and then Wilmslow/Alderley Edge. I'd have said that the great thing was you could go either way, and have either terrain :thumbsup:

IMHO there are times when the flatlands are more challenging than the lumps

« Reply #37 on: 10 March, 2018, 07:48:35 pm »
I ride the Double Dutch 200 from Huntingdon when I can. That goes out across the Fens, which are considerably flatter than the Cheshire plain, were that possible. That area can definitely be challenging, at least to me.

« Reply #38 on: 12 March, 2018, 09:22:01 am »
Thanks to the organisers for a good event , tad windy out to Edale and the last 20k back from the last control but no rain ☔️ or snow ⛄️ glad I had 28mm tyres on mind as I thought some of the roads are in a bit of a state 🙄🙈after winter

« Reply #39 on: 12 March, 2018, 11:01:27 pm »
Yes, big thanks to Phil and helpers for a great days hard riding around the peaks. Weather was very good considering last week they were two foot deep in snow and today it has rained all morning. Looking forward to next year all ready :)

« Reply #40 on: 15 March, 2018, 07:55:20 pm »
Nice video over on youtube by Katie Kookaburra of her day out on the 207km ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GuQ2D-IQrA&feature=youtu.be