Author Topic: 'Audax' bike fit  (Read 2078 times)

halhorner

• Cycling Weakly
'Audax' bike fit
« on: 20 March, 2019, 11:15:55 am »
Hi can anyone recommend a bike fit service which has an understanding of audax-style riding? Thanks

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: 'Audax' bike fit
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:21:18 am »
Your location might help in answering  :thumbsup:

I can say Yellow Jersey Cycles in Essex seem to have some view now after doing a few of ACME in their bike fits - but as most, they are running the numbers mostly and then relying on rider feedback to tune.

ETA: I see your profile shows Oxford, but it's not obvious in the post :)
Regards,

Joergen

You're only as successful as your last 1200...

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:35:09 am »
Not used him myself but the Bike Whisperer in Newbury is well recommended.

« Reply #4 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:36:03 am »
Agree if you are in the south. 
If you are in reach of Lancashire, Paul Hewitt

I've used both.

What you don't want is one of the chains (eg Specialized) doing something formulaic

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #5 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:40:11 am »
Not used him myself but the Bike Whisperer in Newbury is well recommended.

Yep - he has a good understanding of our world and that sitting on a bike for 3 to 4 days may need a slightly more forgiving setup depending on the rider.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

halhorner

• Cycling Weakly
« Reply #6 on: 20 March, 2019, 11:53:01 am »
Cheers all. Yep I'm Oxford based but work in Newbury so will give Bike Whisperer a try. Did get a quote from them in the past so good to hear they have an understanding of what we do. Not cheap though!

phil dubya

• It's a fast bike, but the engine's knackered.
« Reply #7 on: 20 March, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »
Hi can anyone recommend a bike fit service which has an understanding of audax-style riding? Thanks
I've used physiofixx in stowmarket.  I had my club bike and Audax bike setup by them.  2 different fits and both have been very comfortable.  They gave me a physio assesment at the beginning of the fit to see how my body worked before sitting me on the bike.  I've been very happy with both fits.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: 20 March, 2019, 01:32:48 pm »
Cheers all. Yep I'm Oxford based but work in Newbury so will give Bike Whisperer a try. Did get a quote from them in the past so good to hear they have an understanding of what we do. Not cheap though!

True, but you don't necessarily want the cheapest bike fitter!
Scherritt has done lots of long distance / audax riders and many of the people on events like the TCR.  He also does relative beginners and people with injury and mobility constraints. 
I'm going back to see him for some fine tuning in a couple of weeks' time.

« Reply #9 on: 20 March, 2019, 02:14:09 pm »

Mark at Take3 Tri is good and is slightly south of Oxford (Clifden Hampden), he did an Audax style fit for me which I am happy with.

https://www.take3tri.co.uk/bike-analysis