Author Topic: Liverpool Citybike scheme launched  (Read 5984 times)

Re: Liverpool Citybike scheme launched
« Reply #25 on: 20 June, 2017, 10:57:28 am »
Grrrr......

Q. What’s happening ?  For the last week or so there appear to have been very few bikes available around the university area.    In particular the Crown St & Myrtle St stations

A. Yes, unfortunately our fleet is significantly reduced at the moment - over the last five weeks we have had between 15 and 20 bikes stolen every week - some of them are being reported as abandoned so our team are collecting them but in the majority of cases they have been badly damaged so cannot go back into circulation straight aware and unsurprisingly there is a back log at the workshop.
On this Sunday just gone we had 9 bikes stolen after being secured with the padlock by customers who on return to the bike have found the combination lock but no bike as someone has been unscrewing the combination locks.

We are working with the police to try to prevent these crimes and our team are working around the clock to try to collect bikes, repair vandalised stands and get bikes back into the system as quickly as possible - the whole situation is beyond frustrating for us and our customers 

The police charged a few people last week so hopefully word will get out and theft and vandalism will return to more manageable levels

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #26 on: 20 June, 2017, 11:20:20 am »
Similarly, the Yo bikes in Bristol are now to be retrofitted with cable locks in addition to their built in horseshoe locks (which open when you scan them with an app).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #27 on: 20 June, 2017, 11:24:22 am »
They have cable locks, which you are supposed to use if you are not securing them to one of the docking stations.  However they are pretty crap & it's when these are used that the bikes are being stolen. 

« Reply #28 on: 05 August, 2017, 01:10:21 pm »

« Reply #29 on: 09 August, 2017, 09:13:03 pm »
I went to the nearest docking station to my house this morning. No bikes & the station had been comprehensively wrecked.  Several of the docking  points had been smashed open & had the electronics ripped out  >:(

This is right next to a block of student accomodation & there's an obvious CCTV camera outside.

« Reply #30 on: 09 September, 2017, 01:46:11 pm »
I went to the nearest docking station to my house this morning. No bikes & the station had been comprehensively wrecked.  Several of the docking  points had been smashed open & had the electronics ripped out  >:(

This is right next to a block of student accomodation & there's an obvious CCTV camera outside.

This still hasn't been fixed, so I'm guessing its going to be removed  >:( >:(