Author Topic: Survivors remake  (Read 30055 times)

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
Re: Survivors remake
« Reply #100 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:09:27 pm »
 Not many people will want their driveways tarmacked though  ;)
"Don't stop pedalling"

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #101 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:19:55 pm »
Maybe they'd tarmac everything, then realise they'd wasted the ecosystem - a kind of pikey Easter Island with dogs on string instead of moai?

Come the plague apocalypse I'm moving into River Cottage.  Who's for a slice of cured Hugh?
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #102 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:22:40 pm »
Bit stringy for me.  Anyway, I couldn't eat him, he looks like a friend of mine.  ::-)
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #103 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:26:13 pm »
Everyone looks the same with the skin off.   :)

And for stringy meat, a nice oil marinade, with some big flavours to complement the gastro-tellyboy mutton.

Darn, my turn to bbq cannibalism is out of the bag!
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #104 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:34:28 pm »
Hell, if that's all that's left I'll join you in the feast and maybe bring along some fat-lipped mockney tosspot hotpot.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #105 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:39:04 pm »
You're still screwed - get yourself a decent machete and learn to run.

Why run? I thought that was why you have a stable of differing types of bikes - and regularly practise steering one-handed.

« Reply #106 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:43:44 pm »
Watched this and have come to some decisions...

Should I survive the plague/'flu/assorted buggy type things then I'd:

1) Go straight to the local coal merchants, borrow the lorry and load up on coal and gas cylinders.

2) Locate and obtain a couple of goats, chickens and a cow (may have to pick up a horsebox for that, as I'm not sure cows like lorries).

3) Head to local petrol distribution centre and come away with a tanker-full. What's the point in filling up just a few cans?

4) Remove as many packets of seeds and fruit trees as possible from the local garden centre. Actually, add a horse to 2. The manure would be good for the garden. And ploughing. The horse that is, not the manure.

5) Visit Tesco in a very large vehicle (possibly the coal-man's lorry?) and remove lots of tinned food, honey and chocolate. Have absolutely no worries that the chocolate would last long enough to go out of date.

6) Add vast quantities of toothpaste and toothbrushes to 5 as am sure that tooth decay caused by chocolate would be even more unpleasant with no dentists.

7) Assume that neighbours are dead and remove their generator.

8) Acquire lifting lorry from local builders merchants and stock up on wood/bricks/roof tiles/ladders etc to help carry out future house repairs.

9) Make use of lifting mechanism on 8 and re-visit neighbours in 7 and remove their (full) oil tank.

10) Take large bag on trip down to Bond St and stock up on wares from Tiffany, Harry Winston & Asprey's. Because frankly who am I kidding? I wouldn't be much good at this self-sufficiency lark, so I might as well go out in style!
Abnormal for Norfolk

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #107 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:44:32 pm »
Hell, if that's all that's left I'll join you in the feast and maybe bring along some fat-lipped mockney tosspot hotpot.

The symmetry of feasting on delicious tasty chef is too divine - but shouldn't he be in a pukka pie?

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #108 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:46:05 pm »
Badoom-tish!

He's here all week, folks  :D

« Reply #109 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:56:09 pm »

1) Go straight to the local coal merchants, borrow the lorry and load up on coal and gas cylinders.

2) Locate and obtain a couple of goats, chickens and a cow (may have to pick up a horsebox for that, as I'm not sure cows like lorries).

3) Head to local petrol distribution centre and come away with a tanker-full. What's the point in filling up just a few cans?

4) Remove as many packets of seeds and fruit trees as possible from the local garden centre. Actually, add a horse to 2. The manure would be good for the garden. And ploughing. The horse that is, not the manure.

5) Visit Tesco in a very large vehicle (possibly the coal-man's lorry?) and remove lots of tinned food, honey and chocolate. Have absolutely no worries that the chocolate would last long enough to go out of date.

6) Add vast quantities of toothpaste and toothbrushes to 5 as am sure that tooth decay caused by chocolate would be even more unpleasant with no dentists.

8) Acquire lifting lorry from local builders merchants and stock up on wood/bricks/roof tiles/ladders etc to help carry out future house repairs.

9) Make use of lifting mechanism on 8 and re-visit neighbours in 7 and remove their (full) oil tank.

10) Take large bag on trip down to Bond St and stock up on wares from Tiffany, Harry Winston & Asprey's. Because frankly who am I kidding? I wouldn't be much good at this self-sufficiency lark, so I might as well go out in style!

Ride down to Norfolk, make friends with Nutkin!  Sorted  ;D

I stocked up with 4 extra tins of M&S curry earlier,  just in case....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Really Ancien

« Reply #110 on: 24 November, 2008, 11:03:33 pm »
Not many people will want their driveways tarmacked though  ;)

I was thinking more of this sort of thing.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m39mmG2hLqM&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/m39mmG2hLqM&rel=1</a>

Damon.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #111 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:03:29 pm »
Eee, it gets better!

And I'm looking forward to the vengeful return of One-Legged Bob in the future!   ;D

Martin

« Reply #112 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:06:43 pm »
I thought it was really boring; defintely focussing more on image than story a la Lost (which I also gave up on after 2 episodes), did they use most of the budget on the first episode?; having watched Threads again last night it annoys me even more as an implausible story; how come everything / everybody is so gleaming clean?

« Reply #113 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:07:02 pm »
What jolly fun this is turning out to be :D

They don't half seem wasteful of petrol, though.  

« Reply #114 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:08:39 pm »
I thought it was really boring; defintely focussing more on image than story a la Lost; having watched Threads again last night it annoys me even more as an implausible story; how come everything / everybody is so gleaming clean?

There's a lot of mood-setting going on.  Tonight's show was very tense. 

By the teaser at the end of tonight's episode, it looks as though the next one will be more plot-heavy.

border-rider

« Reply #115 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:10:42 pm »
Max Beasley's is about the only character I feel any engagement with

I was a bit bored as well with this one.

« Reply #116 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:13:00 pm »
It's a condensed, speeded up version of the original, apart from the secret lab bit.

The Tom Price character is being developed a bit differently, I guess unloveable Welsh tramps are out of fashion..

Everyone is still clean shaven, with neat hair....  there are no feral dogs or plagues of rats & flies yet..
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #117 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:18:14 pm »
It was definitely a bit thin compared to the opening episode but I expected that. I'm hoping for a bit more depth next week.

I was disturbed by how quickly I could find myself thinking that the goodies would actually be better off killing the baddies now before they cause any more bother. It is called Survivors after all.

Nice to see a bicycle in this week's episode. Shame it had to get shot.  :(

annie

« Reply #118 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:27:12 pm »

I can provide bags of dog hair for making duvets if you don't mind the smell.

If you don't mind navigating the river in the dark we could sneak over to the farm and relieve them of some of their supplies.  There is a large fold of Highland Cattle not 2 minutes from my back door, a big knife and a strong stomach should be all you need.  The beer fridge and freezer should come in to its own at this stage.

The leather could be used to make shoes although if you are into high fashion I really wouldn't waste your time.

Please don't eat Sammie and Jonnie though, they are quite comfortable in their tank and really aren't that tasty.

alan

« Reply #119 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:38:53 pm »

I was disturbed by how quickly I could find myself thinking that the goodies would actually be better off killing the baddies now before they cause any more bother.

Me too.Great minds think alike.
I do not subscribe to the "fools seldom differ" theory

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #120 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:45:28 pm »
Hmmm. Not read all of this.
Has anyone mentioned the real issue yet?
Zombies?

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #121 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:48:12 pm »
Sadly no undead to be seen, Tony.  Probably a bit of luck, really.  Nothing more likely to spoil your enjoyment of a bit of carefree looting than the reanimated corpses of the general public, coming to eat your brains.

I'm quite liking Survivors, though.  Having said that, I can't help thinking they'd do well to hit the local police station or army barracks and see if they can't get tooled up a bit sharpish.

Other than that; I'd try and find myself a big old articulated lorry, and fill it right up with siphoned diesel from some other lorries.  Then I'd be looking to spend no more than a week loading it up with everything I'd need for a couple of years on a remote farm somewhere.  Food, water purification kit, clothes, tools, comms gear, medical supplies - that sort of thing.

Then I'd get the hell out of there and head for either Cornwall, Wales or Scotland.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #122 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:50:34 pm »
So: first order of business is a long shopping list, which is going to take a big meeting and therefore lots of tea.  Somebody send the kid out to loot for biscuits!  :)

I thought the bit with the kid and the playboy and the old geezer was genuinely horrible and tragic.  Yay chickens.  Boo gangrene!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #123 on: 25 November, 2008, 11:02:41 pm »
When is it repeated again?

H

Martin

« Reply #124 on: 25 November, 2008, 11:05:26 pm »
When is it repeated again?

H
now  ;)

BBC iPlayer - Survivors: Episode 2

I hate it even more after seeing the "previously" title  >:( if we are going to pay for the BBC through an enforced TV licence can we at least have programmes made for UK viewers?