Author Topic: Camping on Gryn Wigau on the Carneddau North Wales  (Read 6053 times)

Camping on Gryn Wigau on the Carneddau North Wales
« on: 17 July, 2019, 03:20:29 pm »
So as I have a bit of time off work I thought I would make the most of it and get the train to Bangor and head up to the Carneddau. Woke up feeling a bit rough but was not going to let that stop me and started to head up the mountains. The day was very hot and no breeze made it hard work at times and the rough ground meant I had to walk some of it as on my gravel bike but the views where amazing and made my effort worth it. The only downside of the day was coming across a dead half rotten sheep which smelt so bad I ended up puking which left me feeling pretty crap for a while. However as I got close to Gryn Wigau I spotted an amazing camp spot. Once I was unpacked I relaxed with a few beers and watched and amazing sunset. Woke up the next day at 4am and left my amazing camp spot just after 5am and headed home after a short but amazing trip.
Short video of my trip

https://youtu.be/l1rLCkHmKpU

Re: Camping on Gryn Wigau on the Carneddau North Wales
« Reply #1 on: 05 October, 2019, 12:44:41 pm »
Nice video, sounds like a good day out.

Tail End Charlie

Re: Camping on Gryn Wigau on the Carneddau North Wales
« Reply #2 on: 05 October, 2019, 05:40:40 pm »
Fantastic, I love that area, scenery, history, the lot. Looks like you had a blast.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: