General Category > On The Road

123km Cycle track in India - with Rest Rooms and Eateries!

(1/2) > >>

Cudzoziemiec:

--- Quote ---The city of Mysore may soon be connected to Bangalore through a high-speed rail corridor, a six-lane national highway and a bicycle track.
“Though 123 km is a long stretch to pedal, there will be facilities like rest rooms and eateries along the route,” he said. “When China can create awareness and encourage cycle culture among the young and the old, why can’t we?”
--- End quote ---
http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/karnataka/Government-Plans-Cycle-Track-from-Mysore-to-Bangalore/2014/10/12/article2473892.ece
If we had an equally intense rivalry with China, perhaps Sustrans would provide such facilities!

Patrick Harper:
I would love to see the NCN nationalised, slimmed down and overhauled; much of its off-road alignments have huge potential.

Tigerrr:
I stopped at a roadside eatery between Delhi and Taj Mahal and made the mistake of eating. I was then ill for 3 days but emerged much slimmer.

Wascally Weasel:
A long distance cycle track associated with HS2/3 construction would be a great idea.

Cudzoziemiec:

--- Quote from: Wascally Weasel on 06 November, 2014, 01:13:41 pm ---A long distance cycle track associated with HS2/3 construction would be a great idea.

--- End quote ---
That is a good idea. The extra cost would surely be tiny in the context. The only problem might be routes to and from towns nearby. Also, why doesn't every major river bridge have a cycle track? For instance, the 'old' Severn Bridge has one (to Chepstow) but the 'new' one (to Newport) does not - which is a great shame, as it would be a nice, direct route between Bristol and Cardiff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version