Author Topic: Old Peugeot 10speed Value?  (Read 3261 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Old Peugeot 10speed Value?
« Reply #25 on: 26 April, 2017, 09:35:06 pm »
Thanks Jo. I'm actually working on an 'export' model which can live in Phil's barn. All being well it will be on a courier by the beginning of June.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #26 on: 27 April, 2017, 05:15:35 pm »
In France you'd probably have difficulty (trying to) give it away

That's true!

I was in my local troc last week and they had a couple of decent looking road bikes with Columbus steel tubes gathering dust.    50 euros but they take offers.  They'll still be there in a month unlike the old Raleigh they once had.  It was so good I went back for it and some b*gg*r had got there first. I was sure no one else would be interested.

I have a garage full of bikes that have come for free because no-one would want to pay for them (including my Vitus 992, which is quite the nicest thing I've ever ridden - shows how low my standards are I suppose). They've all had to be built up from frames but the rest of the bits have come for free as well!

The Decathlon Trocathlon used to have very nice steel road bikes complete up for 20€ on the last day and without takers. Leboncoin sellers are usually more ambitious but there's no knowing how successful they really are.

Dibs  :facepalm:

You're too late; I was given a complete Motobécane the other day to take to the tip and that's where it went; chain was a bit rusty and I have kept the wheels and the dérailleurs (the front is crap Sachs Huret but the back is a Simplex Vallée which pricked my curiosity a bit). I was thinking of Torslanda as a candidate but I don't have the space to put things to one side  :(

Please don't tell me that. I already need to sell a few bikes I collected the last one being the b.carre custom built steel frame.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #27 on: 27 April, 2017, 05:53:44 pm »
Maybe I need to come over with a van . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #28 on: 27 April, 2017, 06:35:00 pm »
Need an assistant ;)