Author Topic: Wahoo Elemnt - keeps importing GPX file twice  (Read 1825 times)

Wahoo Elemnt - keeps importing GPX file twice
« on: 10 September, 2018, 08:44:09 pm »
Hi, just bought a Wahoo Elemnt, whenever I import a gpx file into the Companion App it imports twice every time without fail!

Any clues why this could be happening?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Frequent Audax and bike ride videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/djrikki2008/videos

Re: Wahoo Elemnt - keeps importing GPX file twice
« Reply #1 on: 18 September, 2018, 05:38:23 pm »
If I was to guess, I would say that you have it set up to sync over bluetooth and wifi so when you press stop it is uploading to your phone over bluetooth and then when you walk in your front door it is syncing over wi-fi. I have had something similar happen in the past but I don't have it connected to wifi anymore.

« Reply #2 on: 19 September, 2018, 01:36:00 pm »
If I was to guess, I would say that you have it set up to sync over bluetooth and wifi so when you press stop it is uploading to your phone over bluetooth and then when you walk in your front door it is syncing over wi-fi. I have had something similar happen in the past but I don't have it connected to wifi anymore.

You'd think it should be clever enough to know if it's already successfully synched, but sounds like this might not be the case.

I think I've noticed something similar with RideWithGPS (but not Strava) - I seem to get the same recorded track synched twice to RideWithGPS each time, but it's only ever synched once to Strava. Not sure why one is problematic, but not the other (BTW I don't have the RideWithGPS or Strava Android app running in either case). I'll try disabling either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi syncing (if that's possible - think you can turn off Wifi in the App settings, but not Bluetooth, as you need that to connect to the device) and will see if it makes any difference
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 19 September, 2018, 01:39:29 pm »
I think I've noticed something similar with RideWithGPS (but not Strava) - I seem to get the same recorded track synched twice to RideWithGPS each time, but it's only ever synched once to Strava. Not sure why one is problematic, but not the other (BTW I don't have the RideWithGPS or Strava Android app running in either case). I'll try disabling either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi syncing (if that's possible - think you can turn off Wifi in the App settings, but not Bluetooth, as you need that to connect to the device) and will see if it makes any difference

Strava is quite fussy about checking for and rejecting uploads of tracks it considers to be duplicates of one it already has.  Sometimes this is positively irritating (you can't, for example, upload a ride, crop it, then upload it again and crop a different section in order to log it as a separate activity).

« Reply #4 on: 19 September, 2018, 01:44:37 pm »
Perhaps I didn't explain properly, nothing to do with Strava. I tap a gpx file on my phone, my phone asks : would I like to import into Wahoo? I reply Yes please. Couple of seconds later I look at the Routes panel and find two identical of the just imported gpx route.

At this point it doesn't get imported into Strava just the Wahoo app.

Ps. Strava cannot itself import GPX routes, well it says it can through its 'Lab' which is still in beta, but every single GPX I have ever tried fails so that's unrelated.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Frequent Audax and bike ride videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/djrikki2008/videos