Author Topic: Cherbourg - Caen: hatler family continental cyclo-tour #2  (Read 7303 times)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
Re: Cherbourg - Caen: hatler family continental cyclo-tour #2
« Reply #25 on: 13 November, 2016, 09:10:58 am »
Great write up, thanks, I want to go!!
+1 to that.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #26 on: 20 January, 2017, 05:57:29 pm »
The Pompey - St Malo ferry seems to sell out of bike spaces very early.
When on that route a year or so ago someone in the queue had tried to book a cabin for travelling with bikes but found it impossible but you can do it with a car, so she rang and complained and was told cabins were for car drivers: so maybe try to book on that route using the "reserved tilting seats" and see if you can get on like that. We did that - but cos it was cheaper.

Great write-up of your trip. Am admiring your choice of cycling shirt. Very stylish.....
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #27 on: 20 January, 2017, 06:21:14 pm »
When on that route a year or so ago someone in the queue had tried to book a cabin for travelling with bikes but found it impossible but you can do it with a car, so she rang and complained and was told cabins were for car drivers: so maybe try to book on that route using the "reserved tilting seats" and see if you can get on like that. We did that - but cos it was cheaper.
Ah. That's useful to know. Thank you. Still not booked yet. I need to find a job first otherwise we won't have the money to do it.

Great write-up of your trip. Am admiring your choice of cycling shirt. Very stylish.....
I like to spread the Fridays name as far and as wide as I can.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #28 on: 22 January, 2017, 09:21:34 pm »

I find the bit about booking a cabin bizarre. I have never had trouble booking one as a foot passenger
Reine de la Fauche