Author Topic: Room to roam...  (Read 2174 times)

Treewheeler

Room to roam...
« on: 08 April, 2008, 08:38:47 am »
Well, another half term holiday arrives.
 The body is recovering from the Dorset Coast as I write.
 I've a ticket booked on the Normandy Express from Pompey to Cherbourg to arrive at midi on Wednesday.
 I can ride to the port from here in around 30min.
 After a 4/5 course meal in a resteraunte ouvrier for around 10 euros I shall wander for the remaining half day along the coast towards Utah beach before heading inland were I shall shall quote John Wayne by saying to myself "We're going to St Mere Egilise" in a Texan accent to myself until I am bored.
 I shall wind in and out of villages graced by the events of D-day and enjoy chocolate chaud with patisseries as often as I can.
 The evening will bring me to a halt west of Coutances perhaps.
Next day, I shall follow the advice of Jalabert, a Breton cyclist I know well enough to call him 'Papa'.
 His route sticks to the lanes which follow the coast and allow you to keep Mont St Michael in site as you wind anti-clockwise around the bay.
 Avranches for lunch.
Passing the Mont and navigating the Polders by way of the GR34 before joining the coast road to arrive at Cancale.
 There is an auberge there where I will find a tall attractive Breton girl on duty.
She will smile and instead of booking me a bunk for the night, will, I hope suggest I sling my bike in the back of her Twingo and drive to her place in the country for the weekend.
 Come Monday, I shall be standing at St Malo for the 10am sailing for Pompey having waved farewell (at least until May) to my Madamoiselle.
 Long distance relationship, combined with travel and cyclo-tourisme.
 Now thats Room to Roam indeed...

Re: Room to roam...
« Reply #1 on: 08 April, 2008, 11:39:43 am »
Nice one. Hope the weather's suitable.

E enjoyed our short tour last year from Cherbourg to Brittany via the Utah beach.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #2 on: 08 April, 2008, 10:13:07 pm »
 ::-)

Honestly, the lengths some people go to just to get a shag.

;)

H

Treewheeler

« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2008, 05:53:53 pm »
At least I am allowed to combine sex and cycling :thumbsup:
 unlike some whoam if they go cycling find the bedmate rather cold... :'(

alan

« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2008, 09:35:56 pm »
At least I am allowed to combine sex and cycling :thumbsup:
 :'(