Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1737685 times)

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #13475 on: 10 May, 2019, 08:13:48 pm »
Last time I went to watch Colchester they lost 6 - 1.
The bloke next to me said, "actually, this is the best I've seen them play for ages" :facepalm:

« Reply #13476 on: 12 May, 2019, 04:30:47 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

Any news of the choice for Wednesday night - it just says "pub" on the calendar...

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13477 on: 12 May, 2019, 05:38:51 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

Any news of the choice for Wednesday night - it just says "pub" on the calendar...

Stebbing, White Hart I think was voted on Saturday for this week.  We need one over towards the East for the week after.  When does the Swan at Lt Totham have it's beer fest?
Regards,

Joergen

rob

« Reply #13478 on: 12 May, 2019, 06:05:45 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

Stebbing, White Hart I think was voted on Saturday for this week.  We need one over towards the East for the week after.  When does the Swan at Lt Totham have it's beer fest?

I had a look at a house in Stebbing this afternoon. Not sure now I’ve found out you rabble hang out there.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13479 on: 12 May, 2019, 06:13:29 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

I had a look at a house in Stebbing this afternoon. Not sure now I’ve found out you rabble hang out there.

Been a while apparently since we visited Stebbing, it's so rough we usually cycle straight through  :o  ;D
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #13480 on: 12 May, 2019, 08:21:25 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

Been a while apparently since we visited Stebbing, it's so rough we usually cycle straight through  :o  ;D

And the state of the road in Stebbing! Every time I cycle through I puncture :o

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #13481 on: 13 May, 2019, 06:56:09 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

The Swan Lt Totham has it's beer festival from Friday 7th to Sunday 16th June (Fathers Day).

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13482 on: 13 May, 2019, 07:05:02 pm »
Happy Sunday everyone.

The Swan Lt Totham has it's beer festival from Friday 7th to Sunday 16th June (Fathers Day).

Thanks Ian, I checked yesterday and all I could see was last years dates.  Will pop that in the calendar.  If I get time tomorrow I'll start to populate the forward planning.
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #13483 on: 14 May, 2019, 07:21:41 am »
I seem to have contracted a bout of man flu so won’t be up to pedalling Wednesday evening  :'(
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #13484 on: 14 May, 2019, 07:47:30 am »
The comments about half link chains wearing fast is very true. I had one on my fixed originally (not by choice) and it was done within a month!

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #13485 on: 14 May, 2019, 08:20:11 am »
Another of the regular beer festivals is The Sun Inn, Feering - 26th to 30th June, according to their web site.

Lt Totham Swan - landlord is unchanged but landlady appears to have buggered off, the large black dog (Baxter) is still there. Landlady was the chef so food availability should not be assumed, landlord is learning to cook the dishes on the menu! Conversation among the locals was quite lively for a Monday afternoon/evening.....

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #13486 on: 15 May, 2019, 06:50:38 am »
En voi tehdä sitä, olen suomessa
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

« Reply #13487 on: 15 May, 2019, 07:18:01 am »
En voi tehdä sitä, olen suomessa

Nice place. Hope you enjoy the race.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #13488 on: 15 May, 2019, 04:54:42 pm »
I hope to join the peloton at Spa Road tonight.

Anyone got a route as I've not been there before - or is it a "follow the noses night?
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13489 on: 15 May, 2019, 04:57:26 pm »
I hope to join the peloton at Spa Road tonight.

Anyone got a route as I've not been there before - or is it a "follow the noses night?

If you have one for 3 horse shoes its almost the same
ETA:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28855164

ETA2: 23km from Witham is the pub
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #13490 on: 15 May, 2019, 05:53:21 pm »
Dotmund trip delayed, so will hopefully be at Spa Rd at 1930
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

« Reply #13491 on: 15 May, 2019, 06:14:08 pm »
Western peleton seems to have a themed route this week, passing through 6 'Greens' on the way; Bamber's, Molehill, Cherry, Debden, Cutlers and Holder's. Depending on legs, should be at White Hart before 8:45pm.

« Reply #13492 on: 15 May, 2019, 06:57:30 pm »
I’m going to find a round about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #13493 on: 22 May, 2019, 08:05:01 am »
Looks like the western peloton will be minimalist tonight. But hey, the forecast is for quite pleasant warmth, so it'll be a nice ride out.

Google earth view shows a beer garden to the rear of the Orange Tree. I presume that'll be the sensible place to lock up bikes.

I should be there circa 8:45pm. Might even have my Genesis back on the road ... just need to replace a freewheel and chain at lunchtime.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13494 on: 22 May, 2019, 10:22:38 am »
Looks like the western peloton will be minimalist tonight. But hey, the forecast is for quite pleasant warmth, so it'll be a nice ride out.

Google earth view shows a beer garden to the rear of the Orange Tree. I presume that'll be the sensible place to lock up bikes.

I should be there circa 8:45pm. Might even have my Genesis back on the road ... just need to replace a freewheel and chain at lunchtime.

Yep - that's the place.  Have you got a route yet - I'm looking at options to make the ride longer than the few km it is direct ;)

Anyone else out?
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #13495 on: 22 May, 2019, 10:27:21 am »
Have you got a route yet - I'm looking at options to make the ride longer than the few km it is direct ;)

I do. I'm trying to work out how to change the privacy settings in RWGPS from private to friends only for this ride. Will let you know once I've managed that.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #13496 on: 22 May, 2019, 10:31:22 am »
I'm at least planning on being at the pub, not sure about my departure time but will be at the roundabout if I can.  This is an Orange Tree route from the archives, if one is needed for the Witham Peloton.  If I am late departing I'll take a slightly more direct route to Little Waltham.

« Reply #13497 on: 22 May, 2019, 10:51:35 am »
The Offshore peloton will most likely be sorting out stuff for going to Devon tomorrow morning and therefore not at the pub - not impossible though...

I suspect the Hustler is still recovering from carrying me round the fens at the weekend.  He really is a saint  :thumbsup:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #13498 on: 22 May, 2019, 12:44:42 pm »
And the state of the road in Stebbing! Every time I cycle through I puncture :o

That's obviously because something keeps Stebbing your tyre.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #13499 on: 22 May, 2019, 02:47:32 pm »
*** BE AWARE ***
Spa Road and Flora Road are being covered in kitty litter this afternoon, take care on two wheels if riding to the roundabout!