Author Topic: [HAMR] February 12th  (Read 5417 times)

[HAMR] February 12th
« on: 12 February, 2015, 05:17:32 am »
Steve's on the road just after 5am heading towards Spalding.

Bread pudding in the Carradice but no sausages - shock!! I put them back in the fridge.

Re: February 12th
« Reply #1 on: 12 February, 2015, 06:42:33 am »
well done Martin for getting him on the road nice and early.  bet he will have another good mileage day. 
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #2 on: 12 February, 2015, 06:43:12 am »
Wot, no Malt Loaf?   :D

It's good that Steve is varying is 'pocket food', would be Ultra Ground Hog if he stayed to the same stock menu.

I got my February RRTY in yesterday, the thought of riding further, and doing it again today, is not pleasant.  I went in a pub for a warm last evening. I got chatting to the half dozen in there, the usual 'have you far to go' question, that lead to telling them my route to get there; I think they all doubted my sanity.  I didn't try to tell them about Steve, that would have confirmed my mental state for them.
Tandem Riders Do It Together
188 miles NNE of Marsh Gibbon

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 12 February, 2015, 07:14:00 am »
Go Steve!
Getting there...

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #4 on: 12 February, 2015, 07:16:03 am »
Well done Swiss Hat.  Thought he'd got a lot of miles in when I looked at the tracker.  He seems to be speeding up a little too.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #5 on: 12 February, 2015, 09:18:23 am »
Bread pudding in the Carradice but no sausages

Bread pudding makes fantastic audax food. Om nom!

« Reply #6 on: 12 February, 2015, 09:18:35 am »
Well done SH.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #7 on: 12 February, 2015, 09:38:59 am »
Sausages (and anything in a pocket) is a problem with gloves on - needing a stop. Steve wants to stop as little as possible, so its sausages for summer!

PS anyone want some cold sausages?  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #8 on: 12 February, 2015, 10:49:01 am »

Bread pudding in the Carradice but no sausages - shock!! I put them back in the fridge.

This is a worry.

Has he OD'd on them?  :facepalm:

Have Walls been informed?

H

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #9 on: 12 February, 2015, 11:06:59 am »
Sausages (and anything in a pocket) is a problem with gloves on - needing a stop. Steve wants to stop as little as possible, so its sausages for summer!

Perhaps some fiendishly designed bar-mounted sausage extrusion device should be invented for the purpose of this excersise

Datameister

• EU Cake Mountain
« Reply #10 on: 12 February, 2015, 11:33:25 am »
As a measure of further being amazed at the enormity of this challenge, according to the tracker, Mr Grinder has now been physically moving on the bike for 24 entire days this year.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #11 on: 12 February, 2015, 11:34:04 am »
A Google search for "portable sausage dispenser" yielded nothing useful.  I was thinking of something like an overclocked PEZ Dispenser which could be carried in a jersey pocket and fire a single high-end cocktail sausage with great accuracy, if limited range, directly into Steve's mouth.  Surely the combined Sheds of yacf must be able to molish such a device?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Datameister

• EU Cake Mountain
« Reply #12 on: 12 February, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »
A Google search for "portable sausage dispenser" yielded nothing useful.  I was thinking of something like an overclocked PEZ Dispenser which could be carried in a jersey pocket and fire a single high-end cocktail sausage with great accuracy, if limited range, directly into Steve's mouth.  Surely the combined Sheds of yacf must be able to molish such a device?

Clearly not intended for this purpose, but a good base from which to molish (probably using CO2 cartridges as the propellant?)

https://www.vubasupplies.co.uk/silicone-sausage-gun.html

« Reply #13 on: 12 February, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »
Steve's fondness for sausages could be an opening for a 'sausage sponsorship' deal. Those as old as me will remember the highly successful 'go to work on an egg' advertising campaign. How about 'cycle on a sausage.'

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #14 on: 12 February, 2015, 12:02:40 pm »

Perhaps some fiendishly designed bar-mounted sausage extrusion device should be invented for the purpose of this excersise

As long as it takes AA rechargeable batteries!!  ;D

« Reply #18 on: 12 February, 2015, 12:45:27 pm »

[/ ::-)quote]

This is a worry.

Has he OD'd on them?  :facepalm:

Have Walls been informed?

H

They don't need informing. They have ears.  ::-)

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #19 on: 12 February, 2015, 01:41:30 pm »
Bah!

later this morning he went within 1.5 miles of where I am. Should have paid attention to the tracker more!! He fooled me by doubling back from Stilton.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #20 on: 12 February, 2015, 03:06:18 pm »
Bread pudding in the Carradice but no sausages

Bread pudding makes fantastic audax food. Om nom!

I'll never forgive the b*****d who nicked my bread pudding from a communal fridge the night before I did a big ride.
20 years ago...

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #21 on: 12 February, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »
If you did away with the skins, sausage meat could be packed into large gel type pouches and extruded into Steve's mouth.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #22 on: 12 February, 2015, 03:17:38 pm »

If you did away with the skins, sausage meat could be packed into large gel type pouches and extruded into Steve's mouth.
[/quote]

Clif has managed to do that with pizza, can't see it wouldn't work with sausages? http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/01/30/clif-introduces-new-organic-energy-food-including-squeezable-pizza/

Lars

• n.b. have shaved off beard since photo taken
« Reply #23 on: 12 February, 2015, 03:52:44 pm »
Maybe Steve's bike should be equipped with a semi-circular bent light metal rod attached in one end behind the seatpost,
and with the other end extending above and in front of Steve's head. Then pork sausages of no less than 60% meat content
could be attached to a string, and the string tied to the rod. So that pork sausages would dangle in front of Steve's face
as he's making forward progress throughout the English countryside.

That would create a "donkey-and-carrot effect" that may provide an incentive for Steve to bike (even) faster!

« Reply #24 on: 12 February, 2015, 05:02:36 pm »
A Google search for "portable sausage dispenser" yielded nothing useful.

I tried with "mobile" sausage dispenser and yielded exhibits

a)

and b)

Note, the one on the left is very close to wearing club colours.

YMMV