Author Topic: What's the worst film you've never heard of?  (Read 2792 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
What's the worst film you've never heard of?
« on: 14 January, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »
There seem to be so many "worst film" threads that I thought I'd start another.

Feel free to list any film you've never heard of, good or bad.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: What's the worst film you've never heard of?
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2013, 10:33:52 am »
Steven Berkoff's adaptation of The Old Curiosity Shop, which transfers the setting to 1930s Berlin, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Quilp, Anne Hathaway as Nell and Michael Gambon as the grandfather.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2013, 10:37:27 am »
The 2011 remake of 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid', starring Jedward and one of the Kardashians.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2013, 10:44:32 am »
The Expendables III, where the entire cast is expended in the opening credits.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 15 January, 2013, 11:01:21 am »
Oh no.  That sounds much better than most action movies.
Getting there...

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #5 on: 15 January, 2013, 11:03:53 am »
What's the worst film you've never heard of?

Well obviously I don't yet know - but I won't be surprised if it's something WowB is going to recommend.

;)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #6 on: 15 January, 2013, 11:06:20 am »
"Snow White and the Zeven Dwarfs" by Quentin Tarrantino.

I've only seen the trailer, but  :o Who knew you could do *that* with a pickaxe?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #7 on: 15 January, 2013, 11:06:43 am »
Here's some I made earlier:

Once Upon A Time In American Beauty

Kevin Spacey has a mid-life crisis, but solves it by becoming a gangster

Night Of The Living Dead Poets Society

Robin Williams is eaten by zombies.  "The finest comedy this year!" - Empire

The Lion King Of Comedy

Cartoon lion stalks a late night talk show host.  Songs by Elton John

Raging Bull Durham

Robert de Niro has an affair with a minor-league baseball player,  then kicks the crap out of him.  Special ruined-for-TV version without the word "fuck" in it.

Groundhog Day Of The Jackal

Edward Fox tries to assassinate General de Gaulle over and over again, until Andie MacDowell hits him over the head with a stuffed  squirrel.  Certificate PG

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad WaterWorld

The dying words of a thief spark a madcap race to find Kevin Costner's marbles.

Big Trouble In Little China Syndrome

A supernatural battle between good and evil leads to a serious nuclear accident, with hilarious consequences.  Kurt Russell plays himself.  No change there, then.

Assault On Friday The Thirteenth

Chicano gang members lay siege to a bunch of teenagers doing something stupid, and shoot them all. The End.

National Blue Velvet

Velvet (Elizabeth Taylor) trains a horse (Sarah Jessica Parker) to take part in the dark underworld which exists beneath the surface of her seemingly quiet hometown.  Weird shit ensues.

The Breakfast Club At Tiffany's

Problem Teens look for rich older people to marry, but none is that stupid.  Special guest appearance by Molly Ringwald, as Lou Diamond Phillips.

Lawrence Of The Arabian Nights

T.E. Lawrence marches on Aqaba, which is defended by giant birds who eat elephants.  Watch out for Saddam Hussein's cameo role as the Caliph of Baghdad.

Henry The Fifth Element

Bruce Willis and his vest invade and reconquer France.  Directed by Kenneth Wolstenholme [Are you sure? - Ed.].

Cats & Reservoir Dogs

Ongoing war between cats and psychotic diamond thieves.  Stars Harvey Keitel as Tibbles and Tom as Mr. Pink.

Apocalypse Now & Forever

Against a backdrop of clashing cultures, Martin Sheen and Marlon Brando find each other and over the years form a powerful bond.  But - ha ha - Robert Duvall turns up, and kills them.  Widescreen version.

You've Got Rogue M@il

Two political rivals hate each other, so Sir Robert Thorndyke (Peter O'Toole) tries to assassinate Adolf Hitler (Meg Ryan).  Pursued by the Gestapo, they fall in love.  Aah!  From the novel by Fred Housego.

The Great Escape From New York

A crowd of out-of-work actors attempt to smuggle Donald Pleasance through a tunnel, while bad men with guns try to stop them.  Kurt Russell plays himself.  Again.

Hideous Kinky Coaches And The Pom Pom Pussycats

Morocco.  The late 60's.  Silly hippy Kate Winslet's daughters, aged seven and five, play rival high school football coaches, who will do  anything to win the big game so they can go back to London and eat fish fingers.  No, really!

Walkabout A Boy

An attempt to abandon Hugh Grant in the Outback is foiled when Nick Hornby rescues him and his career.  Dick.  Jenny Agutter takes her clothes off.  "Unmissable" - Chris Waddle

Ferris Bueller's Longest Day Off

A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, and invades Festung Europa on June 6th 1944.  Fortunately, he is run over by a tank.  Hooray tanky tanky!

The Wicker Man About The House

Richard O'Sullivan, Paula Wilcox and Sally Thomsett are burned to death in a pagan ritual.  Edward Woodward investigates, but not very thoroughly.

First Blood Feast

John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) avenges the death of his sister at the hands of an Egyptian caterer who is collecting body parts to re-animate the goddess Ishtar.  By killing people, mostly.  "A Herschell Gordon Lewis classic!" - H.G. Lewis (Mrs)

Sir Henry At Rawlinson End Of Days

Sir Henry Rawlinson (Trevor Howard) attempts to exorcise the ghost of his late brother Humbert, by getting Arnold Schwarzenegger to  duff him up.  Features the late Vivian Stanshall as Pope Innocent IV and Miriam Margoyles as Jackie Chan.

Silent Running Of The Lambs

FBI Special Agent Clarice Starling (Bruce Dern and a terrifying wig) attempt to track down serial killing robots aboard a space station.  Short.

Billy Liar Elliot

A young man with a dreary life spends most of his time daydreaming about becoming a ballet dancer and leaping around like a big water-drinking ponce, er, hang on...

Tomb Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Almost indistinguishable from either of its predecessors, though the thought of Angelina Jolie with a whip may excite a certain segment of the population.

Godzilla Versus Bambi

Latest in a long line of Japanese man-in-a-monster-suit extravaganzas.  Godzilla battles a mutant deer, who is threatening to trample Yokohama underhoof.  "Even better than `Milly Molly Mandy Meets The Moors Murderers'" - Cardinal Basil Hume

Strangers On A Trainspotting

You'd like your wife killed, wouldn't you? I'll do it for you if you'll give me shedloads of drugs...

Flashdance Of The Vampires

A Pittsburgh vampire and part-time exotic dancer takes up welding.  With hilarious consequences.  Starring Patrick Swayze as Alexandra 'Alex' Owens and Peter Cushing as Van Helsing.  Who said "typecasting"?

In The Heat Of The Night Of The Living Dead

Racist sheriff Rod Steiger and African-American cop Sydney Poitier are chased by flesh-eating zombies.  "Memorable chainsaw gags" - Tobe Hooper

A Christmas Bob And Carol And Ted And Alice

Victorian miser fellow attends a secluded therapy group and becomes modernised in his sexual behaviour.  Hilarious three-ghosts-in-a-bed romps ensue.  Also starring Kenny Baker, as Tiny Tim.

Singin' In The Rain Man

Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise sing and dance their way across America.  People point and laugh.

Stuart Little Caesar

The Little family adopt a charming young mouse named Stuart, who turns out to be more psychotic even than the cat.  "Look at me, Ma!  Top of the cheeseboard!"

It's A Wonderful Life Of Brian

The heartwarming tale of an angel helping a frustrated Jewish herbert by showing him what life would have been like if he had been the Messiah after all. (Answer: We'd all hate Ipswich Town instead of Manchester United)

Enter The Red Dragon

Bruce Lee is employed by Shadowy Agents of HM Gubbinsment to solve the case of "The Tooth Fairy", assisted by Dr. Hannibal Lecter (John Saxon).  Much biff and pseudo-Buddhism follows.  "Don't think, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!"

Soldier Blue Money

Larry (Tim Curry) dreams of becoming a star entertainer, but until then he helps the US Cavalry massacre the Cheyenne.  Or maybe it
 was the other way round.  Musical.  Also starring Donald Pleasence.

Spice World Is Not Enough

Bond is back!  Emma Bunton is Bond and Victoria Beckham "M".  Geri Halliwell is nowhere to be seen.  Certificate: 18.

Mad Max Headroom II

Far and away the best of the "Mad Max Headroom" series.  Annabel Jankel and Rocky Morton's computer-generated, leather-clad creation battles strange punky geezers with triff cars and souped-up KAWASAKIs.  "Donald Pleasence excels as The Feral Kid" - Cosmo
 Larringsman

Muriel's Big Fat Greek Monsoon Wedding Singer

"Comedy" arse.

The Titfield Thunderbolt And Lightfoot

Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges attempt to prevent the closure of their local rail service with the proceeds of a daring diamond  robbery.  Watch out for Gary Busey's cameo appearance as Gary Busey.

Beauty And The Sexy Beast

Belle, whose father Maurice is imprisoned by the Beast (really retired safecracker Gal), offers herself instead.  But it goes badly wrong for both of them.  Features a bravura performance from Ray Winstone as The Beast / Gal.  "The worst film I have ever seen" - Mr. H. Paterson

Kiss Das Boot

Warhol acolytes Gerard Malanga and Mary Woronov do strange and debauched things on board a WW2 submarine.  Also starring Jürgen Prochnow, with his hat on backwards, just like Curt Jürgens used to.  Up periscope (fnarr, fnarr)!

The Deep Throat

Holidaying in the Caribbean, Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bisset discover hidden treasure in Linda Lovelace.

Three Colours White Dog

Second of Kieslowski's trilogy of films dealing with contemporary French society.  The story of a man dealing with a vicious dog who's been trained to attack and kill immigrants
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #8 on: 15 January, 2013, 11:24:32 am »
You've been working hard there.

I think you should be a Hollywood pitcher.
Getting there...

« Reply #9 on: 15 January, 2013, 11:57:13 am »
Here's one I received from LoveFilm this morning:

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #10 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »
The Rodent Of L.A. - Peter Greenaway's take on Alvin and the Chipmunks.  Full frontal nudity, bestiality (obviously), a bit of cannibalism, lots of violent deaths and it's all done in a single take.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #11 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:23:21 pm »
Might even be worth watching. After the pub, of course, with munchies & more beer.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #12 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:29:05 pm »
Godzilla Versus Bambi

Latest in a long line of Japanese man-in-a-monster-suit extravaganzas.  Godzilla battles a mutant deer, who is threatening to trample Yokohama underhoof.  "Even better than `Milly Molly Mandy Meets The Moors Murderers'" - Cardinal Basil Hume

I have actually seen Godzilla vs Bambi (or it might be called Bambi vs Godzilla, I'm not sure). It's pretty good.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #13 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:34:57 pm »
And some from my little furry chums:

From "GOD"

The Long Goodbye Mr Chips

Detective Philip Marlowe helps a friend accused of "retiring" his favourite teacher.

I Love You To Death Race 2000

A champion of a brutal cross-country car race has a change of heart and buys a pizza parlor so he can cheat on his wife.

The Sixth Sense And Sensibility

Rich Mr. Dashwood dies, leaving his second wife and her daughters poor by the rules of inheritance, but he doesn't know he's dead!  Hilarity ensues.

A Room With A View To A Kill

E.M.Forster's rare sojourn into the action-spy genre.

Pretty Woman Of Substance

Spirited heroine Emma Harte endures every setback and hardship going, yet still finds time to sell herself to the highest bidder.

A Time To Kill A Mockingbird

A jury must decide Samuel L. Jackson's fate, but those fuckers were asking for it, laughing at his kilt like that!

The Big Sleepless In Seattle

Robert Michum faking an orgasm in a restaurant before shooting the bad guys is a movie moment I shall never forget.  I can't eat pizza to this day without breaking out into a cold sweat.

Love Toy Story

A unimaginably dull housewife is devastated to find that the batteries are getting low in her BigBlackCupid2000

Jurassic Gosford Park

Big lizards in muted class warfare.  Patriarch gets his head bitten off twice. 

There's Something About Mary Millington's True Blue Confessions

That's more than hair-gel, I can tell you.

The Fisher King Kong

Robin Williams surely is one hairy mofo.

From Uncle Marvo

Clash Of The Titanics

An all-action blockbuster in which millions of pounds worth of damage is inflicted on ocean-going liners while the heroine reclines on a convenient vintage car in the hold and gratuitously gets her jugs out for the camera. Starring Arnold Shwarznegger (the most tautologous name in cinema) and Kylie Minogue (come on, it must be her turn?).

From Ling Ling

Proof Of Life Is Beautiful

Weird-ass Italian type gets taken hostage and held captive in a Polish concentration camp by weird-ass south American types, while Meg Ryan flirts shamelessly with Russell Crowe, who seems to have borrowed one of Bruce Willis' vests. Frivolous gassing gags abound.

From Shark Bait

Pee-Wee's Big Adventures In Babysitting

I am NOT going to write a synopsis to this

When Dirty Harry Met Sally

Clint drives Meg across country and hopes fervently to never hear her voice again.  As he .44 magnums his way through the city’s law breakers, she keeps reappearing at the scene to discuss the relationship. The inevitable happens. Everybody cheers.

Nightmare On Wall Street

Freddy tries to become a stockbroker at Michael Douglas’ Corporate Raiders Inc, find out he is nowhere near a big enough R Sole and starts dreaming about hostile takeovers.

Star Trek XIV: The Grapes Of The Wrath Of Khan

A Mr J. Steinbeck writes for James T and crew.  Kahn is a typo. Should read Hank who is really the Captain’s none too bright brother who is rejected by Uhuru.

Young Naked Guns

Young Leslie Nielsen lines up against President Sheen’s kids to perpetuate the romance of the Old West with Priscilla, Queen of the Gracelands at his side

Zorro, The Gay Blade Runner

How to dispose of replicants in a sleek black lycra bodysuit and faaabulous hat and cape.  Oh and you get to do all that swishy stuff with a light sabre too.

2001 Dalmatians

Hal sees spots and Dave plots with Glenn Close in between pooper-scooper duty

The Creature From The Blue Lagoon

Unfortunately the original Blue Lagoon was on Bikini Atoll

Three Men And Rosemary's Baby

Written by the same writer as the one above

From Emma

The Phantom Menace II Society

In which young Anakin Skywalker fights his way out of Watts, assisted by his homeys Obi-Crack-Wan and Qui-Gon-Gin.

The Great Escape From New York

In which Steve McQueen springs BRITONS from very long lines waiting for show bargains at TKTS.  Appropriately, Charles Bronson makes it in to see The Producers, which has been sold out for months to Nazis.

The Magnificent Se7en

The lost remake of the Kurasawa film in which Morgan Freeman is on the trail of seven gunman, all obsessed with mailing Gweneth Paltrow's head to Brad Pitt.

From Dai Infidel

The Trouble With Harry Potter And The Sorceror's Stone

Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane and Maggie Smith each think that they've accidentally killed the precocious child stars of the Harry Potter films and are secretly delighted.

Night Of The Crocodile Hunter

A Maniac marries rich crocodiles in order to wrestle them.

Open Your Eyes Wide Shut

Tom Cruise stars with the love of his life.  Spends much of film wearing a mask and wondering if it is all a dream.

Ladri di biciclette recumbent

In which Mr. Larrington is so busy thinking up imaginative movie sequels that he fails to notice Vinnie Jones making off with his bike.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #14 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:36:21 pm »
Godzilla Versus Bambi

I have actually seen Godzilla vs Bambi (or it might be called Bambi vs Godzilla, I'm not sure). It's pretty good.

I always thought it was something the Pythons had made up :o

« Reply #15 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:40:43 pm »
Weird-ass Italian type gets taken . . .
My brain started continuing this differently from how you wrote it.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #16 on: 15 January, 2013, 01:22:32 pm »

That's the best thing I've seen since I accidentally invented the House MD episode title game:

Quote from: Me, in 2006
Having just banged 'house' into the MythWeb search box to check that the scheduler hasn't decided that series 2 is a completely different programme or anything[1], I must express my impressedness at the sheer number of non-House programmes with 'house' in the title that are on TV at the moment.

My challenge therefore is this... Using the electronic TV listings source of your choice, obtain a list of programmes with 'house' in the title or subtitle, then write a plot outline for an episode of House inspired by that title (perhaps drawing on the synopsis for guest characters and other inspiration).

http://spacefall.livejournal.com/498321.html#cutid1
http://spacefall.livejournal.com/561197.html
http://spacefall.livejournal.com/673799.html?nc=5#comments

While it's amusing to look back on some of those ideas and note the alarming similarity to actual episodes in later series, I'm still sad that the show ended without "Broadcasting House" being made...

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #17 on: 15 January, 2013, 02:02:51 pm »

That's the best thing I've seen since I accidentally invented the House MD episode title game:

I'm going to declare that contest a score-draw. Keep it up, both of you  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #18 on: 15 January, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »
Found it on youtube! Bambi Meets Godzilla

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXCUBVS4kfQ&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BXCUBVS4kfQ&rel=1</a>
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.