Author Topic: Herne Hill - Family Fun Day  (Read 3551 times)

Herne Hill - Family Fun Day
« on: 09 June, 2008, 10:53:27 am »
The Veteran Cycle Club had their Family Fun Day at Herne Hill Velodrome yesterday. My dad's a VCC member so we headed over there for some track action. It was indeed a fun day.

My Dad on his 1966 Carlton Flyer

My dad's 1966 Carlton Flyer

Some Ordinary action

Me in action!

Re: Herne Hill - Family Fun Day
« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:37:35 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That looks like a whole bundle of fun TOKaMaK.

« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:44:14 am »
It was, and I definitely want to do some more track riding/racing. I believe VC Londres do regular training sessions there so I might look into that...

« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:07:41 pm »
Rapha Condor car - had to be a bit flash didn't it...

My dad took this, bit blurry but I ain't complaining!

« Reply #4 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:28:37 pm »
Excellent pics? Did you kick some arse?!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #5 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:36:39 pm »
Not really. My 18 year old Raleigh frame and fixed wheel set up was a bit too new fangled for the VCC ::-) (pre 1970 is what they want to see). The only race they thought suitable for me was a 2 and a half lap handicap - they put me right at the back! They gave some young-uns almost a whole lap head start, and that woman you see me passing had about half a lap on me, still, I came in 4th.

« Reply #6 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:44:08 pm »
Ooh, I saw a pennyfarthing on the back of a car in catford yesterday evening, must have been coming from this event!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #7 on: 09 June, 2008, 02:42:46 pm »
Not really. My 18 year old Raleigh frame and fixed wheel set up was a bit too new fangled for the VCC ::-) (pre 1970 is what they want to see). The only race they thought suitable for me was a 2 and a half lap handicap - they put me right at the back! They gave some young-uns almost a whole lap head start, and that woman you see me passing had about half a lap on me, still, I came in 4th.

Bloody hell! That seems a bit unfair! I saw a handicap race at HH a few years ago - they only gave a 13 year old girl less than a third of a lap against a bunch of blokes! She held out to win too! Mind you, that 13 year old girl was Jess Varnish who is now in the GB team!!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #8 on: 09 June, 2008, 03:21:55 pm »
Well it was a 'fun' day and I think they wanted to give the kids a chance to beat their dads!

[edit] but my idea of fun is honking round a track at full tilt leaving old men and kids for dust! :P

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #9 on: 09 June, 2008, 08:54:11 pm »
*wants his Rudge Pathfinder back on the road*
Getting there...