Author Topic: AAAnfractous 200 / Less Anfractous 200 / Nyctophobic 100 - 14th October 2017  (Read 6698 times)

These always popular events are now listed in the AUK calendar for your delectation. The usual Chalfont St Peter start location with no mod cons sleeping available on the Friday night by prior arrangement with the Organiser.

A few entries have already been received - please keep them coming.

I shall be taking over from Paul for the 2017 edition of the events. I hope to maintain the high standards that he has established  :thumbsup:

Martin L

Just put my entry in. I hope that the AAAnfractous will be the last in my GdS SR series :)

I am in too. Just deciding which of the 2 200km I want to do ...

I have just acquired a Spurs season ticket and unfortunately for Audaxing they are playing at home that day. If you want someone to ride the route as a check close to the event do let me know.
Events I am running: 5th September 2021, the unseasonal Wellesden Reliability; HOPEFULLY Early April 2022, 3 Down London - New Forest 300K Audax;

I have just acquired a Spurs season ticket and unfortunately for Audaxing they are playing at home that day. If you want someone to ride the route as a check close to the event do let me know.

Commiserations on the season ticket  ;) 

Yes it would be great if you could help with the route checking. Sent you a pm.

Entered the Nyctophobic as I haven't managed to do a single Audax yet this year (I was busy for the usual 2 that I do each year).

Being out in the evening with the in-laws is a convenient excuse for not doing one of the 200s, which is good because I'm horrendously unfit.

May bring the fixed though, just to give me something to swear at.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
The Butty D'Or* awaits you.

Or rather a Butty D'Argent for the Nycto

*Free Bacon Butty for Fixers scoring a clear round (no foot faults) on a 70" gear.  It's a few years old now but it was vacuum packed so should be ok...

Chris S

I bet I'm more unfit that yous. :)

It's almost worth the trip down the A1 for it! Pompinos at dawn. (Yeah I know, you have a Condor).

I cycled further in a single day in 2016 than I have cycled so far in the whole of 2017.

(Just 462.3km so far in 2017.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist

It's almost worth the trip down the A1 for it! Pompinos at dawn. (Yeah I know, you have a Condor).

Thinking about this on fixed also  ;D

A total of 95 riders on the road for the three events. A good autumn day in store I think with the sun breaking through later perhaps. Thanks to Liam and Ian for helping at Chalfont this morning and Nick at the Benson control.

Now to fry the sausages and make the lentil & tomato soup.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
Just put my entry in. I hope that the AAAnfractous will be the last in my GdS SR series :)

Impressive stuff. Finishing a AAA SR on the 14th day of the season.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results

Unless I'm mistaken, GdS year runs Jan-Dec.

So I'm home. Two emergency pit stops sapped any desire I had to finish my ECE, so I rode straight home.
Shame, because I feel fine. It's a mental failing more than anything.
Not gonna let it spoil what was an absolutely brilliant day. Good route, good weather, great company throughout.
Double helpings of beans on toast was well appreciated at the end!
I've thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Rule 77

good day out though that A40 was hairy to say the least. one more in November for RRTY number 2

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
J_a_m_e_s

You are of course right. You wrote gds but I was thinking AAA.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Martin

Unless I'm mistaken, GdS year runs Jan-Dec.

So I'm home. Two emergency pit stops sapped any desire I had to finish my ECE, so I rode straight home.

I presume you are the James I emailed? shame about the non ECE

I was entered on the AAAnfractuous but I've had a nagging and painful Achilles for 6 weeks and 3 200s now not helped by an ECE of my own event with Cob Lane at 80k last weekend, so hoping to get back on the double RRTY train with the South of Bucks Winter Warmer and South of Gibraltar Winter Even Warmer

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results

I presume you are the James I emailed? shame about the non ECE

I was entered on the AAAnfractuous but I've had a nagging and painful Achilles for 6 weeks and 3 200s now not helped by an ECE of my own event with Cob Lane at 80k last weekend, so hoping to get back on the double RRTY train with the South of Bucks Winter Warmer and South of Gibraltar Winter Even Warmer

Yes, I emailed you last night to let you know personally.
Rule 77

By the way since when power meters were part of audaxing  :o People were actually measuring their efforts up hills. Now I'll have to get some!

Less Anfractous 200 - not sure about the less bit!  It did help that a serious navigation error added 20km to my ride.
Would recommend using Hedgerley Lane at the end instead of the A40.

Good route and well organised.  Completed my 2nd RRtY ( consecutive years).

Thanks to organizing-new-blood-Swiss Hat for the day and especially the tomato and lentil soup, which hit the spot.

Rode the Nyctophobic. I can't remember the last time I rode a 100km audax event, but it did make me reflect on how useful 100km rides are in terms of preparation for longer events if you approach them in the right way. It's an easy mistake to think that just because it's 'only' 100km they are somehow lesser in terms of value. Take a ride like this and look to improve your performance with each outing and you've got yourself a very good training ride indeed.
Garry Broad

LMT

Done the Less Anfrac, a good day out. Done the ride a couple of years ago and you forget the little kickers that are on the route which I need to lose some weight to help get up. Thans to Swiss Hat, ride number one of the season, looking forward to Wilky's Girton ride this weekend.

LMT

By the way since when power meters were part of audaxing  :o People were actually measuring their efforts up hills. Now I'll have to get some!

Does help with pacing...can recommend the Quarq Dzero.

Does help with pacing...can recommend the Quarq Dzero.

Jesus those prices!!! I'll get saving.

I haven't ridden an audax withOUT a powermeter. I'm a bit of an edge case though.

I haven't ridden an audax withOUT a powermeter. I'm a bit of an edge case though.

Cool. Thing is if i was to go down this road, I'd stick it on my cervelo S3 rather than my audax bike. I do sometimes use the speedy bike on summer audaxes so maybe next year.