Author Topic: Less Anfractuous Route change suggestions  (Read 1385 times)

Less Anfractuous Route change suggestions
« on: 08 October, 2017, 08:25:57 pm »
A couple of route change suggestions that take you on less busy roads

At around 176km, just as you descend, turn right into Pound Lane follow until mini roundabout and turn right over Marlow Bridge. (Costa Coffee on right and public toilets).  You miss the busy Marlow High Street.

At around 194km turn right@ TFL towards Beaconsfield Services and then take 1st exit off roundabout onto Hedgerley Lane.  Follow for 2.5km and then turn left @ T, follow for another 2.5km and turn L @ T and follow road back into Gerrards Cross.  This avoids crossing the M40 roundabout and using the A40.

Neither reduce the length of the ride or the amount of climbing.

Re: Less Anfractuous Route change suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2017, 12:08:57 pm »
Thanks for this. What a TFL?

« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2017, 12:23:47 pm »
Trafficlights

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 09 October, 2017, 01:38:57 pm »
I've used Hedgerley Lane every time apart from once when it was daylight

« Reply #4 on: 09 October, 2017, 06:34:57 pm »
Hedgerley Lane is the standard route for the Nyctophobic. I like the Pound Lane idea, as long as not too many motorists know about it.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #5 on: 09 October, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »
A couple of route change suggestions that take you on less busy roads

At around 176km, just as you descend, turn right into Pound Lane follow until mini roundabout and turn right over Marlow Bridge. (Costa Coffee on right and public toilets).  You miss the busy Marlow High Street.

At around 194km turn right@ TFL towards Beaconsfield Services and then take 1st exit off roundabout onto Hedgerley Lane.  Follow for 2.5km and then turn left @ T, follow for another 2.5km and turn L @ T and follow road back into Gerrards Cross.  This avoids crossing the M40 roundabout and using the A40.

Neither reduce the length of the ride or the amount of climbing.

The Marlow alternate is your and could well go into the routesheet. The same applies to the AAAnfractuous as well, the I've always found by the time I get to Marlow I'm ready for a quick supermarket sweep at the sainsburys express in the high street! :)

« Reply #6 on: 09 October, 2017, 10:08:55 pm »
Pound Lane has speed humps but they are not too severe.

« Reply #7 on: 10 October, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
That predicted temp for Saturday!  8) :o