Author Topic: Richard Ellis Memorial Permanents  (Read 1478 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Richard Ellis Memorial Permanents
« on: 02 August, 2020, 06:26:00 pm »
My two new permanent versions of the Richard Ellis Memorial 100 & 200km routes have been approved. The 200 has an additional control in Halstead, whereas the 100 is basically 50+km each way, which could be ridden as a simple out-and-back, but I've tweaked the route sheet (for the price of a few Tomsk Bonuses!), to fit in some of my favourite Suffolk lanes out Hawkedon way. I'm getting brevets asap, but you can enter as of NOW - they're on AUKweb/audax.uk  :thumbsup: Route sheets onto AUKweb tonight if I can.

I'd like to do an REM weekend in early October (assuming the calendar events planned can't happen), but by all means have a go now. Likewise a September ACME Group Permanent day/weekend will get organised soon.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
Re: Richard Ellis Memorial Permanents
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2020, 08:43:07 pm »
The 100 and 200km brevets are here! The Orchard Tea Garden and Maglia Rosso are open standard hours, though with some Covid-19 rules of course. Lots of options in Manningtree and Halstead on the way back.

By the way, on my perambulations around Essex this weekend, I noticed a new housing development in Mistley by Hopkins Homes ... (Mistley's least favourite son, Matthew Hopkins was the notorious Cromwellian-era Witchfinder General.)

Re: Richard Ellis Memorial Permanents
« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2020, 10:55:12 pm »
Interesting. Might mean an early start and a train to Elsenham or Stortford.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
Re: Richard Ellis Memorial Permanents 10/11th October 2020
« Reply #3 on: 21 September, 2020, 08:04:16 pm »
Permanent weekend 10 & 11th October: 6 riders/event possible on the 100 & 200km rides each day.