Author Topic: Tag-a-long flag alternative  (Read 3693 times)

Tag-a-long flag alternative
« on: 18 November, 2014, 09:39:08 am »
no pic sadly, but on the way to work I saw a tag-a-long trailer bike with a 'flag' comprising three luminous green/yellow 500mm fizzy pop bottles each upside down on a pole.

Was certainly eye catching, and had a certain steptoe-esque charm about it!  ;D
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Tag-a-long flag alternative
« Reply #1 on: 18 November, 2014, 09:47:02 am »
Back in the Old Days Mr Burrows and his Norwich Posse used to use plastic fruit on the tops of their viz-poles.  Went well with the garish primary-coloured fun-fur helmet covers.

Alas the plan of my grate frend gNick to use the drive from an old Huret mechanical speedo to revolve a plastic lobster never came to fruition.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2 on: 18 November, 2014, 10:18:54 am »
One day I shall come into possession of a job lot of Mountain Dew pop bottles and I shall make The Best Hi-Viz Jacket Ever.

revolve a plastic lobster

Genius!

« Reply #3 on: 18 November, 2014, 10:35:16 am »
One day I shall come into possession of a job lot of Mountain Dew pop bottles and I shall make The Best Hi-Viz Jacket Ever.

revolve a plastic lobster

Genius!

Agreed! The Best Hi-Viz Jacket Ever - also genius - with built in-flotation device for when CORing by canals...?

not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

« Reply #5 on: 18 November, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »
Agreed! The Best Hi-Viz Jacket Ever - also genius - with built in-flotation device for when CORing by canals...?

What I have in mind requires cutting the bottles down into 'scales' for want of a better term - may involve use of lasers? - and then, in an unusual turn, drawing inspiration from Morris dancing...

How about a fish shoal of fish
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160628533255?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Fixed that for you, numbnuts :)