Author Topic: Great route from Regent's Park to St. Albans  (Read 3632 times)

Great route from Regent's Park to St. Albans
« on: 15 December, 2017, 11:30:17 am »
Hi everybody!

If you are into beautiful London scenic areas, rural settings and iconic artefacts (yes, all along one route), check out the cycling route from Regent's Park to St. Albans: bit.ly/2yxqZIu  :)
On top of this, St. Albans offers a beautiful Chritmas market this time of the year!

Have a great end of the week!

Re: Great route from Regent's Park to St. Albans
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2017, 10:35:09 pm »
Unfortunately the link will not work. Could you repost. St Albans based so could be useful to me

« Reply #3 on: 19 December, 2017, 12:58:37 am »
I'm a *little* uncomfortable with a link to a commercial site - albeit a bloggy, not salesy, bit of it - that both hides behind a link-shortening URL and doesn't declare any affiliation.

Maybe I'm just a miserable bugger though.

« Reply #4 on: 19 December, 2017, 06:25:17 am »
I'm a *little* uncomfortable with a link to a commercial site - albeit a bloggy, not salesy, bit of it - that both hides behind a link-shortening URL and doesn't declare any affiliation.

Maybe I'm just a miserable bugger though.

I see your point... the GPX might be useful though ?

« Reply #5 on: 19 December, 2017, 07:08:37 am »
I used to work on Watling Street, just north of Radlett.
The industrial estate there is on the site of the Handley Page factory, where Victor bombers were built.
On the left of the road opposite XMA, look for an old looking building. The lady there used to run a craft shop.
She showed me round the house, and showed an old inn sign for Ithink the George and Dragon. this house was a very old inn,
a stop on the road out of London.

As an aside, that GPX route follows Watling Street. Why is there a kink around Elstree? Do the modern roads not reflect Watling Street at that point?