Author Topic: Shameless plug for "Save Ivan's Cello"  (Read 1682 times)

Shameless plug for "Save Ivan's Cello"
« on: 31 December, 2017, 06:35:20 pm »
Mods: feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-ivans-cello

I heard Ivan play when I was in Colombia in the summer, he's an incredibly talented player. But more than that, he spends his whole time encouraging and teaching other players and setting up music projects. He has boundless energy. His cello was damaged a couple of weeks ago by some clumsy baggage handlers and is unplayable. On Colombian wages it will take him forever to earn enough to pay for the repair.

Please consider a small donation, even a pound will help get to the target. If more is raised, he could even get a hard case for it!
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Re: Shameless plug for "Save Ivan's Cello"
« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2018, 07:59:33 am »
Update

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated so far. H is sending a deposit to the luthier today so the work can begin.

For anyone who doesn't want to go via Just Giving (understandable) please drop H a line for her paypal address (or PM me your email ad and I'll pass it on).

A couple of pictures of the damage below, I'll post pictures of the repair when it's done.

Re: Shameless plug for "Save Ivan's Cello"
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2018, 02:15:01 pm »
Thank you so much to everyone who donated. Here are some pictures of Ivan and his cello at the luthier: