Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2458142 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #21925 on: 07 March, 2018, 09:03:33 am »
Procrastinating. Got to get papers together for the Tax Orifice and it's a bore.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #21926 on: 07 March, 2018, 02:23:33 pm »
Weighing up whether it's worth riding a 200km at the weekend in forecast "light rain" all day.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #21927 on: 07 March, 2018, 03:01:22 pm »
Nothing in particular, actually nothing at all. This is a consequence having too much to do across too many different projects and not being able to decide which is the most important and should this get my attention first. Well, that and insufficient 'tuits.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #21928 on: 09 March, 2018, 11:18:36 am »
Waiting for British Gas to come fix my bathroom radiator. Excitement guaranteed. Of course, it's a 8-2pm slot, so they'll come at 1.59pm. Or on past form, call at 1.59pm and ask to reschedule the appointment because of 'busy.'

Dealing with a water bill that warns me 'my consumption is more than normal' and that we 'may have a leak.' Probably because the numbskulls estimated the last bill using the randomization function. Of course, I can't find the old bills (probably fed them to the shredder). Call them. Set up an account, they say, which I do, and two hours later I'm still waiting for the confirmation email. It's never simple this utilities malarkey. It's either that or go outside to figure out how to get the meter cover off with the contents of my singular Ikea-supplied tool kit and see if it's giddily twirling through the numbers without my help. All my own fault for not simply telling them to come and read it properly, I mean, I'm sorry if I'm burdening them.

This is how I spend a day off (alas the mothership owes me so much time, I just don't bother on Fridays). Le sigh. On the plus side, we're going to explore the forgotten bowels of Euston station later and then having lashings of beer.

ian

« Reply #21929 on: 09 March, 2018, 12:25:22 pm »
OK, the lid of meter just levers off with a screwdriver. Idiot point to me.

They can't read the meter though, the error was only x2 the actual amount of water used, which explains the x3 bill. Idiot points to them (x3).

Of course, the little trace wheel was moving even though we're using no water and I turned the stopcock off, so possibly something is leaking a little somewhere between the meter and the house.

Still waiting for BG.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21930 on: 09 March, 2018, 01:16:43 pm »
Drinking my post-prandial cuppa.

« Reply #21931 on: 14 March, 2018, 09:35:37 pm »
Sitting down & trying not to move too quickly.   I'm just back from a local Lebanese Eatery & feeling a bit like Mr Creosote.   
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #21932 on: 14 March, 2018, 09:48:15 pm »
Did you forego the wafferr thin mint . . . ?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

ian

« Reply #21933 on: 14 March, 2018, 10:08:37 pm »
Working. Le sigh. A week of travelling thought leadership looms.

For those hanging on every gripping word of my utility company travails, the very amiable Darren from British Gas fixed my bathroom radiator and confirmed they'd be able to fit a smartmeter in my cupboard (unless the fitter is really fat, he qualified) and the people from waterworks are going to pop around and diagnose my potential leak and correct my bill.

Pretty soon my life will become so exciting that any escaping news will be fatal to normal humans.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21934 on: 15 March, 2018, 08:09:08 am »
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But will presently phone the vet to come and vaccinate the dogs. Can't be arsed harnessing them into the back of the car, sitting for half an hour with other animals and their quadrupeds, and cleaning dog snot off the seats later.  We've got medical insurance for them so it can bloody well earn its keep.

« Reply #21935 on: 17 March, 2018, 08:45:30 am »
Drinking coffee and eating croissants at Mordor (Camden Food Co.) whilst waiting for the Plymouth train.  No bikes so no hanging space anxiety.   :thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21936 on: 17 March, 2018, 04:44:42 pm »
^^^ That sounds nice. We stopped off for a croissant at the bakery in the next village, to fortify ourselves for the walk back, and they had run out. :(

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #21937 on: 17 March, 2018, 04:56:00 pm »
Watching Ireland deservedly win the grand slam, poor from england yet again
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #21938 on: 18 March, 2018, 03:14:56 pm »
This morning under clear sunny skies we watched the St. Ives lifeboat tow in a small fishing boat.  The sea was choppy and they had to anchor The boat offshore.   

The sun has now given way to cloudy skies and I'm now watching the driving snow and choppy seas as the tide comes in. 

« Reply #21939 on: 18 March, 2018, 07:07:45 pm »
Feeling crap  :(    I woke up last night with a streaming nose, and it's carried on through the day.  Sneezing as well.

I've just ventured out into the cold & returned with  boxes of tissues, Lem-sip capsules & medicinal Jura.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #21940 on: 18 March, 2018, 07:50:15 pm »
Idly browsing for purple anodised bike bits, again. :facepalm:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #21941 on: 19 March, 2018, 07:42:16 am »
Sitting in the car waiting for my physio appt at 8.45! Dr Beardy (Mrs) HAS to be in the office by 7:30 but the hour I’ve got spare is to little to go anywhere, do something useful and come back again. Especially at this time in a morning when what masquerades as the rush hour for this part of the country will be in full swing.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21942 on: 19 March, 2018, 07:59:40 am »
Thinking about going for a dander in the sunshine, across the fields to the next village; there, maybe, to pick up a croissant to nibble with my 11 o'clock coffee.

Happy Monday, everyone!

essexian

« Reply #21943 on: 19 March, 2018, 08:09:42 am »
I've just cancelled Monday..... well okay I have no power to do so but as my Team Leader is in New Zealand and as its currently only 7c in my office this morning, I thought I would give it a try......

:thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21944 on: 19 March, 2018, 09:19:03 am »
Well, outdoors it's still sub-zero so I haven't gone yet.  All the croissants would be gone by the time I got there, anyway.

ian

« Reply #21945 on: 22 March, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
Enjoying the subdued subterranean grandeur of New York's Penn station, the Big Apple's answer to Birmingham New Street (the original and beautiful Penn station came down during the decade of Grand Uglification and was replaced with the less than endearing Madison Square Gardens and Penn Plaza). Grand Central is, on the other hand, pretty awesome. Though waiting there isn't especially useful if the train is coming in from Philadelphia.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21946 on: 23 March, 2018, 09:21:28 am »
Recovering from a bout of catch-as-catch-can wrestling, a.k.a. restraining dog A while vet vaccinates dog B and then swapping dogs. All to the accompaniment of parrot (C) intoning "no....." in a despairing voice.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #21947 on: 23 March, 2018, 10:19:25 am »
Watching the clock. 7 hours 11 minutes then I leave this job.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #21948 on: 23 March, 2018, 11:14:22 am »
Writing this while avoiding the various levels of crap I should be trying to sort out before I go on holidays at the end of today.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #21949 on: 23 March, 2018, 02:47:30 pm »
Watching the clock. 7 hours 11 minutes then I leave this job.
2h 43m
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)