Author Topic: Custom Cycling insoles and Hot Foot  (Read 4236 times)

Re: Custom Cycling insoles and Hot Foot
« Reply #25 on: 17 March, 2018, 03:07:43 pm »
Although I don't suffer from hot foot I still found improved comfort and a more secure foot position from Sof Sole 'fit series' insoles, which AFAIK are one of the two (cheaper) options recommended by Steve Hogg. These with Shimano shoes, SPD and PDA520 pedals.

« Reply #26 on: 18 March, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »
I can see that custom orthotics are going to be pricey. If however they are going to prevent or at the very least greatly reduce the issue then it would be a worthwhile investment (in reality I have probably spent more trying out different shoes over the years). I guess it's now a case of trying to find someone local who has recommendations.
My wife and I use Cyclefit Sidas insoles.
How do you find the Sidas insoles? I know that they are typically less than £100 for the custom ones which is obviously a better price. Did you suffer with foot problems prior to getting them? Have they cleared this up?

Not really any foot problems myself but the shoes just fit better. When you see the insole made for you vs the normal ones that come with the shoe then you think the custom one is better. My wife found they made a difference for her and her running shoes/stlye require her to wear an orthotic. The CF ones are the latest tech. Adrian Timmis gets excellent reviews and it may be worth making a trip to see him or or other people mentioned here. Prob a phone call/chat would be required.

Samuel D

« Reply #27 on: 22 March, 2018, 03:26:13 pm »
This article is not specifically about custom insoles but discusses some of the topics in this thread and is unusually informative about which shoes you might want to look at. Have a look if you suffer from foot discomfort.