Author Topic: Copying selected contacts from Android to Iphone  (Read 1051 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Copying selected contacts from Android to Iphone
« on: 07 April, 2018, 05:57:01 pm »
My new job includes a company mobile, an IPhone 6.
I have lots of contacts on my personal phone, which runs Android, some of which I want to copy to the IPhone.
A brief google suggests I can associate the IPhone with my Google account and the contacts will automagically appear on the IPhone.  However I only want some of the contacts to appear.  If I copy all the contacts using my Google account then delete the ones I don't, will they then get deleted, through the power of google, from my Android phone?

There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Phil W

Re: Copying selected contacts from Android to Iphone
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2018, 07:49:38 pm »
Almost certainly.

Pretty sure you can export your contacts in Google to a CSV. You could then edit it down to the contacts you want, then import to your iPhone.  If their details do not change much, would that do?

Re: Copying selected contacts from Android to Iphone
« Reply #2 on: 10 April, 2018, 11:27:22 pm »
I go to some trouble not to store contacts in Google, for what I suspect are similar reasons to yours. My private and professional contacts are different (and although I have GMail, it's not my principal system for either context, and anyway I have separate GMail accounts for my two personas). So, the whole model of sharing contacts everywhere is up the creek from my point of view, not to mention that I don't see why I should share my contacts' details with Google without their permission.

So, I use a local contacts store on Android.