Author Topic: Intrepid Magazine - Adventure Magazine by Women  (Read 837 times)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
Intrepid Magazine - Adventure Magazine by Women
« on: 20 June, 2018, 05:09:56 pm »
Posting this here, as I'm not really sure where to put it. I think they could do with some promotion on here as there's certainly a cross over of interests.

https://www.intrepid-magazine.com/

Recently subscribed to this, really enjoying it. Not just cycling, but all sorts of adventures. They've had articles from Emily Chappell and Jasmijn Muller in the past (to name a couple of cyclists known on here).

A bit of blurb from their web site, as they're writers and I'm not.

Have you ever looked at the adventure and outdoors magazine rack and wondered "Where are all the women?"
And by that I mean the real women, not airbrushed models...

Or the women who are experts in their field...

Or the women who are telling stories about their adventure, not having to explain how they coped with it as a female...

Or the gear reviews written and tested by women...

THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. Intrepid Magazine is making it a reality. Imagine:
A magazine that focuses on the adventure, not the fact that they're female and doing it.
A magazine that features real women from all walks of life - in their element.
A magazine that sends subscribers kit to test and review.
A magazine that shares skills, advice and journeys of women that you can learn from and relate to.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Intrepid Magazine - Adventure Magazine by Women
« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2018, 05:37:36 pm »
Good luck to them. I hope they're successful.

Most of all, I'm pleased to see they're paying contributors - not much, but even a token payment bucks the trend. "You can't eat exposure." Well said, that woman. (I disagree with the comment about bias in reviews but I suspect that's post hoc justification and the real reason is budgetary.)
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."