Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1288757 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6850 on: 29 November, 2018, 10:04:47 pm »
After a small blip last week in which I gained 1lb, this week has seen the loss of a further 4lb. Slimmer of the month! And - a target of 2.5lb for next week for my 2 stone award!

If I can get down below 16 stones I might take up audax... ;)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6851 on: 05 December, 2018, 12:58:44 pm »
72.x now, despite a week of rest following a hip flexor strain. Cut down on booze - think I had 2 pints (Bradfield Belgian Blue) in total last week. Huel & protein powder for breakfast, protein powder and porridge for lunch, anything I like for dinner, and apple & skyr for dessert. Only apples for snacks. Back in my skinny jeans.

« Reply #6852 on: 05 December, 2018, 02:59:36 pm »
Huel AND protein for breakfast? Doesn't the former contain he latter anyway? You'd only need, what, 60gm of protein in total per day?
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

simonp

« Reply #6853 on: 05 December, 2018, 03:07:25 pm »
Huel AND protein for breakfast? Doesn't the former contain he latter anyway? You'd only need, what, 60gm of protein in total per day?

For athletes I expect 60g/day is too little.

« Reply #6854 on: 05 December, 2018, 06:29:54 pm »
Well I suppose for weekends away on the trot, preceded by a long weekend with friends staying here, was going to have an effect.
And now we're in the run up to the season of over-eating.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #6855 on: 05 December, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »
And now we're in the run up to the season of over-eating.

I'm cranking up the fasting from 5:2 to 4:3 for the next 3 weeks in preparation.  That way I should come out of the seasonal binge "evens".
The sound of one pannier flapping

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6856 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:03:48 pm »
I am getting no heavier.

I don't know if I am leaner.

Mince pies are upon us...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6857 on: 15 December, 2018, 09:27:23 pm »
My last two SW weigh-ins have had me tantalisingly close to my 2 stone award. I have been just 8oz short two weeks on the trot!

Definitely getting more difficult now.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6858 on: 15 December, 2018, 09:44:48 pm »
It is unlikely you will continue to lose weight over the whole Festive Season unless the Grinch takes up residence. Two stones' loss is BRILLIANT and keeping static right now is a realistic goal, though indulgences can cause MASSIVE fluctuations from day to day.

Keep up the good work!

I might not use the scales from 24/12 to 09/01.

There again I might...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #6859 on: 17 December, 2018, 09:01:55 am »
havent been updating my numbers here regularly.  With a 6 week enforced period of very much reduced activity, I've not put more than a kilo or so on, weighing in now at about 66.5kg having been headed towards 65. 

I've been walking 4-5km/day or swimming now up to about 900m, and have seemed to match my intake to the reduced expenditure reasonably well.  I'm still using the smallest hole on my "diabetes belt", the one bought when I was a pre-diagnosis skeleton.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #6860 on: 18 December, 2018, 08:49:32 am »
My weight has crept up nearly 3kg in the last month. I'm now 82kg. I've been keeping it constant all year at 79kg and completed RRtY and have really ramped up Wattbike training and weight training in the last 4 weeks. The gain coincides with the increase in training but I fear that it's not (at) all muscle.

I'm feeling pretty miserable about that. I have been eating and drinking a bit too much and need to bring it in. I'd love to get my weight to at least back to where it's been all year as I have PBP ambitions for next year.

Joining in this thread for motivation!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6861 on: 18 December, 2018, 01:00:29 pm »
I will restate something I've posted many times in this thread, to save you looking through pages.

A gain of 3kg in a month is unlikely to be all fat. LOTS of water follows refeeding on 'naughty' things after relative deprivation.

Your fat gain is unlikely to exceed much more than a kilogram and you'll lose a couple of kg water quite quickly once you start being sensible and 'good'. I'm not sure that advising too much restriction a week before Christmas Day is 'in the spirit' so:

1) Don't lose heart.
2) Enjoy your Festive Season.
3) NEVER eat anything you don't like or don't fancy.
4) Don't get overstuffed; it's unpleasant, unhealthy and a waste of Calories.

I am going to allow myself three days when I eat anything I fancy, without getting overstuffed. Then I'll go back to eating only at meal times and smallish portions.

Happy Christmas!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6862 on: 18 December, 2018, 04:42:44 pm »
Well done Gus!
Amazing!!!!

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #6863 on: 18 December, 2018, 05:28:42 pm »
Well done Gus!
Amazing!!!!
+1 amazing results.

simonp

« Reply #6864 on: 18 December, 2018, 05:40:37 pm »
The graphs have stopped auto-updating - I'll have to manually update.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6865 on: 18 December, 2018, 05:50:58 pm »
The graphs have stopped auto-updating - I'll have to manually update.

That's a pain!

I'd be really grateful if you did,

Thanks in anticipation!

simonp

« Reply #6866 on: 18 December, 2018, 07:40:38 pm »
Graphs are updated.

ElyDave

« Reply #6867 on: 18 December, 2018, 07:50:33 pm »
where's your moustache gone?

« Reply #6868 on: 18 December, 2018, 08:06:31 pm »
I will restate something I've posted many times in this thread, to save you looking through pages.

A gain of 3kg in a month is unlikely to be all fat. LOTS of water follows refeeding on 'naughty' things after relative deprivation.

Your fat gain is unlikely to exceed much more than a kilogram and you'll lose a couple of kg water quite quickly once you start being sensible and 'good'. I'm not sure that advising too much restriction a week before Christmas Day is 'in the spirit' so:

1) Don't lose heart.
2) Enjoy your Festive Season.
3) NEVER eat anything you don't like or don't fancy.
4) Don't get overstuffed; it's unpleasant, unhealthy and a waste of Calories.

I am going to allow myself three days when I eat anything I fancy, without getting overstuffed. Then I'll go back to eating only at meal times and smallish portions.

Happy Christmas!

Thank you - great to hear this advice. Sorry that I haven't scrolled back through. 

I'll have a couple of good days this week and then enjoy Christmas without eating everything in sight. Then get back to being good once the revelry has died down.  :)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6869 on: 18 December, 2018, 08:43:19 pm »
To scroll through 275 pages of posts over the last 10 years would be [insert choice of adjective].

There's no need to apologise!

The important things about weight control are continued motivation and maintenance of good eating habits.

You've done extremely well and need to enjoy festivities without losing motivation.

Major weight loss is very much a long-term project which needs persistent effort.

It is vital you don't convert a short-term wobble into a long-term reversal.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6870 on: 18 December, 2018, 09:11:46 pm »
Graphs are updated.

Umm... some of mine seem 'stuck' in the past.

ETA Apologies. I see updated graphs when I click through to the big ones on your site but the old ones persist on the yacf page.

I am in awe of Gus!

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #6871 on: 19 December, 2018, 06:00:16 am »
Well done Gus!
Amazing!!!!

Thank You Hellymedic.
I must admit I was put against the wall by my doctor. I had reached a level in my life and health that meant i had metabolic syndrome
and had to change my life completely.
No alcohol and no fizzy drinks since May. living on a calorie restricted diet, approx 1200Kcal/day and getting into physical activity again.

« Reply #6872 on: 19 December, 2018, 08:00:15 am »
10 days back into diet.  Over the summer with less cycling, stress over job plans, etc had piled on a stone and I was very aware that I now looked like a fat middle aged man with that ring of fat below the rib cage.

10 days ago started the Michael Mosely 800calorie diet as i suspected I was heading / had a fatty liver.  So far really good.  Lost a few lbs already and feeling better.  Aim is to be sensible at Christmas and then a holiday before really pushing through for 8 weeks as per the book.

ElyDave

« Reply #6873 on: 19 December, 2018, 10:42:56 am »
Great discipline Gus

Good luck with it Chris, looks like you're hitting it early.

« Reply #6874 on: 19 December, 2018, 10:47:53 am »
Cut out the booze, red meat and dairy this year in an effort to reduce my cholesterol levels and blood pressure without resorting to drugs. A welcome side effect has been shedding 19kg.

Short days and Christmas parties mean less cycling and a temptation to drink too much so thought I'd call in here for a bit of inspiration.
Hear all, see all, say nowt