Poll

Help me decide

Yes
No
You can have mine, I'm sick of the furry bastard

Author Topic: The Chronicles of Pete  (Read 72804 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: The Chronicles of Pete
« Reply #125 on: 24 August, 2014, 09:35:25 am »
I update his blog more than I update this thread, so you can always check there. He's getting on very well. He's a good boy (mostly).
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #126 on: 31 August, 2014, 01:51:13 pm »
There appears to be cat hair in my pot of hair wax. Pete obviously wants to sculpt, define, hold and add shine and gloss.  ???

« Reply #127 on: 31 August, 2014, 03:26:38 pm »
Love the Pete updates and the blog. He sounds like a proper character! How are your allergies?

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #128 on: 31 August, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »
He doesn't like it when he's sitting on me and I sneeze   ;D

« Reply #129 on: 31 August, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »
He doesn't like it when he's sitting on me and I sneeze   ;D
One of ours would exit via the cat flap at a rate of knots whenever MrsC sneezed. She thought it most unfair that my sneezes didn't have the same effect.
Said cat is now to lazy to bother which such strenuous activity.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #130 on: 04 September, 2014, 10:21:08 pm »
Pete just caught and killed his first mouse. It took me a while to get it off him, but it's in the bin and he's been rewarded with Dreamies.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #131 on: 05 September, 2014, 09:02:31 am »
He's out of sorts this morning, hasn't touched his biscuits and tried to bite me when I rubbed his head. I wonder if he ate a mouse yesterday when I was at work, and it was bad. I'll be home at lunchtime so will see how he is then.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #132 on: 06 September, 2014, 10:30:34 am »
He caught another mouse last night. He's a clever boy.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #133 on: 06 September, 2014, 11:30:46 am »
Three mice in three days. He's fantastic.

« Reply #134 on: 06 September, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »
He's obviously located a good spot for trapping them.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #135 on: 06 September, 2014, 03:04:20 pm »
All different places so far. Pete and I watched this morning's climb out from a gap in the floorboards and amble across the floor, with me looking at Pete in a "are you going to do something about that?" kind of way. He just bided his time and then went and got it when he felt the time was right. He seems to kill them instantly so they can't run off when he plays with them, which gives me a chance to get the dustpan and brush.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #136 on: 06 September, 2014, 05:27:46 pm »
He's out of sorts this morning, hasn't touched his biscuits and tried to bite me when I rubbed his head. I wonder if he ate a mouse yesterday when I was at work, and it was bad. I'll be home at lunchtime so will see how he is then.

Is there poison laid down?  I'd be worried about him eating them.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #137 on: 06 September, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »
I'm worried about that too. There's no poison in this flat; I got rid of it a few days before I got him, but I can't speak for any of the other flats in this street. I've managed to get them off him so far but I won't be able to do that when I'm not in.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #138 on: 11 September, 2014, 07:41:06 am »
Usually after Pete has his breakfast, he spends half an hour mithering me for more breakfast, then eats some dry food and has a sleep. This morning he ate his breakfast and then went out. He hardly ever goes out, so this is very unusual.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

Re: Shall I get a cat?
« Reply #139 on: 13 October, 2014, 01:25:46 pm »
I have decided he's not allowed in the bedroom. I think the only chance I have of not dying of allergies is if I keep him out of the bedroom altogether. Also, I don't like being woken up at 4am by cats jumping on my head.

He was so well behaved over his first couple of months that I started letting him in the bedroom at night. At first all was well. He would jump onto the bed, curl up by my feet and sleep till morning. Now though, he curls up right in front of me so I have no room and at some point during the night decides he needs to be worshipped, and headbumps me for spoffling until breakfast time, then he scratches the shit out of the bedside cabinet, pausing for only a second after each telling off. Last night he surpassed himself - I had rolled onto my back and he saw his chance and jumped onto my chest, purring madly and settling down to sleep on me. I half woke up, moved, he lost his balance, flailed his limbs, and whacked me in the eye with his paw.

No more sleeping in the bedroom for Pete.

For the past couple of months he's had free access to dry food via a gravity dispenser, plus two wet pouches a day. He hasn't learnt to regulate his intake at all and he now weighs a whopping 7kg. So he's on a diet. I'm restricting him to two wet pouches and 40g of biscuits a day for now, and I'll be dropping that to 30g of biscuits next week, until he's under 6kg again. He's incredibly lazy - although he likes to play for a few minutes a couple of times a day (usually when I'm going to work and then when I'm going to bed  ::-)) he hardly ever goes out. He sleeps even more than bobb's Boris, which I would have thought was impossible.

red marley

Re: Shall I get a cat?
« Reply #140 on: 14 October, 2014, 07:58:01 am »
...and he now weighs a whopping 7kg. So he's on a diet...

I think he would benefit having his progress documented on the weight loss discussion thread.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #141 on: 27 October, 2014, 12:20:18 pm »
Pete's desire for breakfast plus the clocks changing has ensured I have been awake since 4 for 2 days

« Reply #142 on: 27 October, 2014, 02:25:59 pm »
You need to get a little stern with him.

Never feed him before feeding time. If he pesters too much, delay the feeding.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #143 on: 27 October, 2014, 02:59:47 pm »
I don't feed him before feeding time - and he shouldn't really be asking because there are always some of last night's biscuits in his bowl in the morning. If he was really that hungry he could eat those. If he wakes me up at stupid o'clock I lock the bedroom door so he can't come in and he cries outside, and then when it's getting up time, as soon as I open the door he shoots off to the kitchen and dances in circles round my feet until he's fed.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #144 on: 05 November, 2014, 08:41:54 pm »
Tesco had a large pack of uncooked chicken wings in the reduced bit tonight, so I bought it. Pete had one of the wings for his tea - he loved it, and it took him a good 20 minutes to demolish it, rather than the 10 seconds he takes to eat a wet pouch. The rest are in the freezer so he can have one a week or so.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #145 on: 06 November, 2014, 07:39:00 am »
Kirst, how about one of those balls that you put biscuits in and they have to chase it about the room for minutes to get the goodies out?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #146 on: 06 November, 2014, 07:40:32 am »
Tried it. He totally ignored it.

« Reply #147 on: 06 November, 2014, 11:33:14 am »
They can get very clingy and demanding.

On Tues I didn't feel well by 7pm, so went upstairs to bed. About 8:30pm MrsC comes into bedroom with cat. Seems he'd been all over the rooms downstairs, couldn't find me, so came and hassled her until she took him to me.
 He just came over, pushed his head against me and went away, satisfied.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #148 on: 06 November, 2014, 02:00:26 pm »
He was very funny with bobb over the past week. Pete's bed is usually on the other sofa cushion, next to me, but I moved it onto the chair when bobb arrived. That didn't stop Pete though - he knows where his spot on the sofa is, and if that means sprawling on bobb rather than his bed, so be it.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #149 on: 10 November, 2014, 07:49:18 am »
Just as I was going to bed last night, Pete caught a mouse. I managed to get it off him and put it in the bin. Went to bed. Got up half an hour later, picked the bin and its contents off the floor and took the binbag out to the outside bin. Told Pete he was a good boy for catching the mouse and a naughty boy for pulling the bin over. Went back to bed.