Author Topic: Mileater Award 2017  (Read 1461 times)

Mileater Award 2017
« on: 09 September, 2016, 07:20:58 pm »
Just to put the word out that I've taken over the running of the Mileater Award from Rob and I'm putting the finishing touches to the 2017 edition.  There are some new things to it this time, which I hope will increase entry numbers/get folk recording obsessively.

New mileater diaries - this will mean nothing to if you've not entered before but should (hopefully) be a nice improvement for those who've entered previously.
You can submit via Strava/RWGPS/etc/etc.
You can email me a spreadsheet.
You can post me a spreadsheet/roll of wallpaper as well as an actual diary.
You can join the Mileater "Club" on Strava if you so wish.  It currently has 1 member - me.
I want people to send me photographs/sketches/other souvenirs from the road - I'll try and include them in the annual write up.

I'm trying to make entry possible via PayPal, although I'm not yet certain if it is, given website limitations. I'll see what transpires...

(click to show/hide)

Re: Mileater Award 2017
« Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »
You'll find I've already bulk bought as keep writing out a check for such a small amount seems stupid. I do question the necessity for the £4 to print off and post a spreadsheet given that all the other awards are free to enter unless you want a medal or similar then you buy that.

The written photographic bit of my mileater does exsiet in Tumbler. Previous org refused to look at it.

Strange that what I suggested to the board on how to moved forward the mileater and was flatly turned down is mainly coming to pass.

« Reply #2 on: 12 September, 2016, 02:42:57 pm »
For anyone chasing 300,000 mile club Strava etc is not accepted. It has to be a written record. A printed spreadsheet is OK.

« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »
Ha! PayPal entry now working!

« Reply #4 on: 17 January, 2017, 07:10:20 am »
My first run at the mileater. I have no idea what this year might bring miles wise but with LEL on the horizon I thought it would be a nice addition to keep a diary and then why not join the mileater.

As well as filling out the diary I am making yet another attempt at keeping a blog. Potentially a hard read at times and by previous experience I tend to run out of steam and the posts dry up, we will see how it goes this year.

You can see the blog HERE

« Reply #5 on: 18 January, 2017, 04:10:46 pm »
My mileater blog has now been going a couple of years. It's on Tumblr. Very good for posts when a-wheel or three in foreign parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk