Author Topic: Damage limitation  (Read 2087 times)

Damage limitation
« on: 23 April, 2008, 12:20:17 pm »
Fessed up to buying an xbox to Mlle Pumpe last night.

Conversation went like this:

-Darling, I'm afraid I've been a bit of a naughty boy.

- Why? What? What have you done?

- I, um,.. I..

-What? What is it?

-I've bought an Xbox.

-Oh, thank god for that, I thought you were going to tell me you'd had an affair!

Job done.  ;)  :demon:

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Damage limitation
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2008, 02:24:47 pm »
Fessed up to buying an xbox to Mlle Pumpe last night.

Conversation went like this:

-Darling, I'm afraid I've been a bit of a naughty boy.

- Why? What? What have you done?

- I, um,.. I..

-What? What is it?

-I've bought an Xbox.

-Oh, thank god for that, I thought you were going to tell me you'd had an affair!

Job done.  ;)  :demon:

Just try telling you've bought a full carbon bling jobbie and watch her fists curl....  ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2008, 04:34:34 pm »
Hmmm... I could give this a try. The effect (and thus the reward) could be enhanced by acting a little suspiciously beforehand too. A hint of perfume, lipstick on the collar, texts at odd times, mysterious meetings keeping me working late.

Then once shes realises that it's only another bike, and not an affair, then the relief will overide the purchase of another bike.

Pumpe, you're a genius!

Kathy

« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2008, 04:47:45 pm »
Xbox 360?

I'm tempted to get one, but I've heard dreadful things about their reliability, and I also don't know how backwards-compatible they are with the current xBox games we have. What's your take on it?

« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2008, 04:51:46 pm »
Having ploughed thousands and thousands of hours into PGR2 on the original XBOX I vowed I'd never buy another games console. I hadn't used it since moving in with Mrs G and finally got round to selling it after moving house.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #5 on: 23 April, 2008, 05:18:26 pm »
Xbox 360?

I'm tempted to get one, but I've heard dreadful things about their reliability, and I also don't know how backwards-compatible they are with the current xBox games we have. What's your take on it?

Dunno yet, it hasn't arrived.  It's coming from Play.com (the cheapest deal I could find)  £189 for the Premium one (wireless controller, headset and Live) plus GTA4

Reliability is a known issue and Microsoft seem to have held their hands up to it and are replacing faulty ones.  I believe they have also extended the warranty to 3 years.

It won't arrive till GTA 4 is released (next week)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6 on: 23 April, 2008, 05:24:10 pm »
Xbox 360?

The first generation were rough and there were problems.  I have one of the later models and its fine.  It connects to our wireless network and allows us to watch certain downloaded items on a proper telly, rather than a smallish computer screeen.

I've had no problems with backward compatability and haven't heard of any.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor