Author Topic: lejog and wrath to dover audax  (Read 1955 times)

lejog and wrath to dover audax
« on: 22 September, 2017, 08:21:05 pm »
hello , i seem to believe that there was once an audax that took in the 'four corners' i.e , lands end to john o groats and thence cape wrath to dover . i may have either missed it whilst perusing the permanence section or indeed just imagined it , however if anyone does have any knowledge of it id be grateful .
cheers for now
pinky/simon.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: lejog and wrath to dover audax
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2017, 08:36:09 pm »
This would be 'The Great Triangle (Dover, Lands End, Cape Wrath, John O'Groats, Dover). A  free route and start where you like. Reckon on about 3200km so you're well into an easy (!) 200km a day territory if thats your fancy.

Teethgrinder was the last to ride some years back, famously abandoning mid-route because of the weather if I recall correctly, going back to work for a week and then returning to finish it off as he was still within the time limit!

Alas it has fallen off the listings but easily restored...

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »
Teethgrinder was the last to ride some years back, famously abandoning mid-route because of the weather if I recall correctly, going back to work for a week and then returning to finish it off as he was still within the time limit!
Methinks he wrote about it in Arrivee. Fascinating. (Arrivee is always fascinating but this was more than normal, obvs.)
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3 on: 22 September, 2017, 10:45:26 pm »
I think that was the time TG didn't bother to send in his Great Triangle card for validation, because he'd gone to work in the middle of the ride, so "it didn't really count".
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...