Author Topic: 24/09/11 Chris Negus Memorial Rides from Henham, Essex  (Read 13168 times)

red marley

Re: 24/09/11 Chris Negus Memorial Rides from Henham, Essex
« Reply #25 on: 13 September, 2011, 11:00:46 pm »
For those without pens, I confidently predict the answers to the eight infos will be:

Three and a half
Rose Cottage
Green
The Fox and Hounds
5pm (Saturdays only)
Penny Lane
Hummers

« Reply #26 on: 14 September, 2011, 12:20:26 am »
Rickling Green ... x8
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #27 on: 14 September, 2011, 09:27:54 am »
Rickling Green ... x8

White posts?  Seem to recall wandering around for ages on a past ride looking for those
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

simonp

« Reply #28 on: 14 September, 2011, 03:01:12 pm »
I've also sent a late entry, hopefully will also be able to ride.

« Reply #29 on: 14 September, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »
I emailed the organiser asking if I could get an entry a week ago and have heard nothing.  Rather stupidly I then took my paper entry to Budapest with me in my bag rather than post it at the airport.  I emailed the organiser and still haven't heard anything.  He should get the entry tomorrow in the post but it would be nice to know if I was in or not.  If anyone ever gets the GPS/TCX the please share it as I won't have the chance to create my own and I won't be back home again before the event.  Its my last chance to keep the RRTY going for 2011 so I need to do it.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #30 on: 17 September, 2011, 08:38:37 pm »
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Redlight

« Reply #31 on: 17 September, 2011, 11:37:25 pm »
I've had an email from Mick tonight.  He's been away, hence the lack of response to emails.  He'll take entries on the line (but I guess it would be polite to let him know in advance)

« Reply #32 on: 18 September, 2011, 08:50:06 am »
The 160 is the first 2 loops from the 200. The track I worked out myself was spot-on  :thumbsup:

« Reply #33 on: 18 September, 2011, 07:12:48 pm »
I sent off a late entry for this one. I'm still nursing a dodgy knee post PBP so I will be taking it very easy indeed.

« Reply #34 on: 23 September, 2011, 01:36:54 am »
Thanks very much for the .tcx files Adamski, I've merged them into one and now have my course ready with almost zero work on my part  :thumbsup:

I have even assembled my bike.
Sadly my route sheet has not yet arrived, I sent the entry 10 days ago so I'm thinking it must be lost in the post. Hopefully the org will let me enter on the line if this has happened!

Redlight

« Reply #35 on: 23 September, 2011, 11:30:32 am »
I was planning to EOL (with Mick's approval) but after a 21-hour day on Wednesday/Thursday followed by a 14-hour one yesterday on 4 hours' sleep, and in the expectation of busy-ness later on this afternoon once the US wakes up, I 'm not sure I fancy getting up at 5.30 tomorrow.  (I'm only on the forum at the moment because I'm too tired to concentrate on what I need to do so am taking a caffeine-infusion break).

Shame as I really fancied this ride and catching up with some PBP fellow-riders, but I do need my sleep  :'(

Chris S

« Reply #36 on: 23 September, 2011, 03:08:11 pm »
It would appear I am still unable to count. Just 7 infos, not 8. Phew, that's a relief.

« Reply #37 on: 23 September, 2011, 03:24:09 pm »
I've emailed the organiser and hope to enter the 161km on the line.

Does anyone know exactly where the start is? Shaftesbury CC website doesn't have an address, or I couldn't find it. Is it near the Comrades CC bungalow where the Essex Air Ambulance event was a few months ago?

Also, for anyone catching the train from London, there's engineering work happening tomorrow. National Rail Website shows train to Bishops Stortford, then bus to Elsenham. So, you'll have to ride from Bishops Stortford to the start. It's about 8 or 10 km, Google Maps tells me.

Cheers adamski for posting the .gpx and .tcx files. Now to work out what to do with them!

« Reply #38 on: 23 September, 2011, 03:44:40 pm »
Does anyone know exactly where the start is? Shaftesbury CC website doesn't have an address, or I couldn't find it. Is it near the Comrades CC bungalow where the Essex Air Ambulance event was a few months ago?

Yes, right near that cluster of cycling 'Uts. Last hut on the left before you go under the bridge in the direction of Henham.

Google Streetview of it
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #39 on: 23 September, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »
Yay my route sheet arrived today in one of those Royal Mail damaged mail plastic envelopes. It seems the envelope could not survive it's RM treatment. Could it be things like this that make me hate postal entries so much?  ;D

« Reply #40 on: 23 September, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »
It would appear I am still unable to count. Just 7 infos, not 8. Phew, that's a relief.
Think you were right first time, I still count 8 (on the 200)...

Chris S

« Reply #41 on: 23 September, 2011, 05:14:16 pm »
Think you were right first time, I still count 8 (on the 200)...

Sigh. My Brane hurts :(

You're right. There's 8 on the routesheet - which means there's one missing in my GPS track.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #42 on: 23 September, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »
Decission time.

Faff about fitting the new stem and bars to the Pomp and ride fixed or stay attached to the sofa? At the moment the sofa wins, but tomorrow I'd prefer the Pomp. And no, riding no handed for 200 k is not an option.

Hmm.......
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #43 on: 23 September, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »
for anyone catching the train from London, there's engineering work happening tomorrow. National Rail Website shows train to Bishops Stortford, then bus to Elsenham. So, you'll have to ride from Bishops Stortford to the start. It's about 8 or 10 km, Google Maps tells me
Is it not possible to get the train to Stansted Mountfitchet. That's about 4 miles away, I think

red marley

« Reply #44 on: 23 September, 2011, 08:27:00 pm »
As far as I can see only on the Standsted Express to the airport. In theory bikes are not allowed on that train, but it might be worth a try. Getting on at Tottenham Hale may have better chance of not being stopped than Liverpool St with barriers.

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #45 on: 23 September, 2011, 08:29:17 pm »
Sadly looking like no Emily tomorrow.

I'm going to be really lazy and ride with gears anyway   ::-)
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #46 on: 23 September, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »
Does that mean the 6.22 from Tottenham Hale is a Stansted Express? I can't seem to find out if it is or not.

Route sheet finally turned up today. Second Class post seems to take 14 times as long.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #47 on: 23 September, 2011, 09:34:14 pm »
Weather looks good for tomorrow  :thumbsup:

It's getting toward the time I hang the summer race bike up for the winter, could be the last outing for the Planet X Ti tomorrow  :'(

red marley

« Reply #48 on: 23 September, 2011, 10:03:32 pm »
Does that mean the 6.22 from Tottenham Hale is a Stansted Express? I can't seem to find out if it is or not.

Yes I think it is. At least it terminates at Standsted Airport and looks pretty quick. On the East Coast website if you click the little 'i' to the right of each journey it gives you the full details, including the terminus.

I think I'm just going to turn up at Tottenham at 6:20 or so and get on the first train that heads to Standsted and see how far I get before being shouted at.

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #49 on: 23 September, 2011, 10:16:54 pm »
 I have taken bikes on the Stansted Express a number of times. Got on at Stansted heading to London and no-one batted an eyelid.....

See you all tomorrow.