Author Topic: Dead Kennedys  (Read 1720 times)

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Dead Kennedys
« on: 14 February, 2015, 11:12:50 am »
I've just heard that the Dead Kennedys are touring the UK this June - and then when I look at their website I find they've been touring pretty much every year. There was me thinking they split in the 1980s. East Bay Ray and Klaus Flouride still in the band, although Jello has moved on.

Waiting for tickets to come on sale. Looking forward to this.
 8)

Re: Dead Kennedys
« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2015, 12:48:01 am »
I don't think they have Jello Biafra singing (he's busy with his own band, running for mayor of SF etc), though I could be wrong.

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 15 February, 2015, 05:45:36 pm »
You're not wrong young man - but I believe a lot of the musical energy came from East Bay Ray. Looking forward to it though.

Jakob

« Reply #3 on: 16 February, 2015, 07:06:09 am »
They were in Vancouver a couple of years back...I really wanted to go, but in the end decided that A) They may not have aged well and B) I may not have aged well either and decided not to ruin the memories.

« Reply #4 on: 10 July, 2019, 11:12:01 am »
Was surprised to see they have a date in Glasgow next month.  Think I'll give them a miss though.

« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2019, 11:36:01 am »
I'd be more likely to see the Pixies without Deal than the Kennedys without Biafra.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Graeme

• Graeme's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 07 August, 2019, 08:29:50 pm »
That was a lot of fun. Cycled to Leeds, collecting VeloViewer explorer tiles along the way, ate a damn fine pie at Brudenell Social Club, met Mr Bunbury and bounced around a lot. Got the bruises to prove I was in the thick of it. Bought a t-shirt I can't think of a single opportunity where it will be appropriate to wear in public. Stayed at a hotel in town and cycled home today - more explorer tiles.

That has been a wonderful way to spend a couple of days.

I hear Thurston Moore is playing Brudenell soon.

« Reply #7 on: 08 August, 2019, 07:13:45 am »
They come through Vancouver every year , but I'm just worried that it would spoil the memories. Mind you, never saw them live back then, but even so.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8 on: 08 August, 2019, 02:35:30 pm »

I hear Thurston Moore is playing Brudenell soon.

Miss von Brandenburg went to a gig a couple of months ago feat. Thurston Moore, John Paul Jones and $DRUMMER.  I think she described it as "challenging".
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime