Author Topic: Croyde from the air (Kite aerial photos)  (Read 7572 times)

Re: Croyde from the air (Kite aerial photos)
« Reply #25 on: 20 October, 2008, 10:30:46 pm »
Ahhh memories... Is the surf-club still there?  I think my membership's expired though...  :(

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #26 on: 20 October, 2008, 11:21:04 pm »
A line climber doesn't use batteries. It uses a sail to let the wind push it up the line

Kinky!  You'd need a fair sail to pull up a dSLR though, no?
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #27 on: 21 October, 2008, 01:46:42 am »
I've seen hefty equipment, inc medium format, lifted with a reasonably-sized device.  Worth doing the sums.
Getting there...

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #28 on: 21 October, 2008, 09:42:06 am »
But you'd still have a sail directly attached, which might be too noisy for regular use.  For an ascending video, awesome.  But attaching the rig to the line as you go up isn't hard. :thumbsup:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #29 on: 21 October, 2008, 11:19:02 am »
The powershot has a scripting language - you can make it snap away every ten seconds or whatever.  Perfect for this sort of thing!

A night shoot might be challenging.  Guy Fawkes would demonstrate the superiority of your system over a mere intervalometer (until the kite goes down in flames).
(and IR releases have a pathetic range best measured in inches, in my experience)
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll