Author Topic: Have you been out with your camera today?  (Read 248396 times)

Afasoas

Re: Have you been out with your camera today?
« Reply #150 on: 19 November, 2012, 10:52:25 pm »
Nope, no lighting; just big glass and fairly high ISO.  It was pretty murky there, so I was working with big apertures.  I fluffed a few of the shots because my DOF was so thin and although my subjects were sharp, their chooks weren't.

Probably not worth the effort in this scenario, but a steady hand, manual focus with 2-5 shots at different focus points and composite together afterwards ala focus stacking.

No, not my style either.

Have you been out with your camera today?
« Reply #151 on: 20 November, 2012, 09:12:38 am »
Love those chicken pictures, Charlotte. I think the narrow depth of field adds to the pictures, and they would be less atmospheric with a greater DOF. Your new girls look lovely!
Spinning, but not cycling...

« Reply #152 on: 08 December, 2012, 06:43:37 pm »
Tonight in Abingdon

Abingdon County Hall Museum by ao, on Flickr

Abingdon County Hall Museum-HDR by aaekoxon, on Flickr

Taken last w/e... two things within museum

Boneshaker with Brooks? by ao, on Flickr

Abingdon - home of the MG

MG by ao, on Flickr

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #153 on: 08 December, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »
Have you been doing some verticals correction on those outdoor shots?
Getting there...

« Reply #154 on: 08 December, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »
That LX3 24mm is amazing...   ;)

Yep, HDR using SNS-HDR lite, and some vertical correction done in LR4.    Overdone?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #155 on: 08 December, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »
No.  Well, I don't think so, since it's corrected to parallel.  But I've always felt that shift lenses provide an odd viewpoint, since we live in a world of converging parallels.  I don't know how to balance it myself.
Getting there...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #156 on: 09 December, 2012, 12:01:01 am »
I'd squash the top a bit.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #157 on: 09 December, 2012, 09:42:50 am »
One of the originals with no vertical correction adjustment (no HDR either)

P1150606 by ao, on Flickr

Afasoas

« Reply #158 on: 09 December, 2012, 07:27:26 pm »
AO,
Prefer the portrait composition, but I thought both shots were very nicely taken and editted.

« Reply #159 on: 10 December, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »
The portrait shot cries out for some foreground interest, it's a pity the MGB wasn't parked on the cobbles.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #160 on: 10 December, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »
Why not the boneshaker?
Getting there...

« Reply #161 on: 10 December, 2012, 05:47:39 pm »
It would make a nice Christmas card with a family on a sofa in the foreground, shot against a green screen and superimposed. There's enough space for Merry Christmas above the Market Hall.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #162 on: 11 December, 2012, 12:03:57 am »

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #163 on: 17 December, 2012, 11:06:07 pm »
Kathy and I were up at Somerset House this evening with our cameras.

Kathy at Somerset House by lyope, on Flickr

I was making stranger portraits with a mini softbox onna stick, she was shooting artsy photos of skaters, dragging her shutter.  When the ice cleared, I popped on a fisheye and made this:

Skater at Somerset House by lyope, on Flickr

Then we went off to the Golden Jubilee Bridge and I used my Gorillapod in the first time in well over a year to shoot this:

Golden Jubilee Bridge by lyope, on Flickr

It was dead chilly, but I really like going out in the company of other photographers to just wander about and shoot whatever we come across.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #164 on: 18 December, 2012, 08:38:37 pm »
Love the one of the skater, although I would have cropped it just below the reflection of the top of the building, to lose 1/3 the ice which (IMHO) doesnt add much.

I was paid (!!) to take some pictures of a hotel's christmas lights for their marketing material.  Nothing very exciting (but paid!)

« Reply #165 on: 18 December, 2012, 09:56:09 pm »
Nice shots C! Can I have a copy of the one of me (vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas...)?

My shots weren't anywhere near as accomplished as Charlotte's, since it was my first proper attempt at long-exposure fun, but my favourite few are here: http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/pretty-lights.html

I would have liked to stay for longer, but chuff me! It was cold! :o
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #166 on: 18 December, 2012, 11:34:16 pm »
Nice shots C! Can I have a copy of the one of me (vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas...)?

You certainly can - just download as high a resolution file as you like from Flickr  :)

My shots weren't anywhere near as accomplished as Charlotte's, since it was my first proper attempt at long-exposure fun, but my favourite few are here: http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/pretty-lights.html

It was jolly cold indeed, but I had me thermals anna proper woolly hat on  :smug:

« Reply #167 on: 19 December, 2012, 01:29:36 am »
I love the Bokeh, but you can buy that. Charlotte for me is not static. She's at her best on the move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjEi218bI6w

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #168 on: 19 December, 2012, 02:02:43 pm »

I love the carousel horse photograph, Kathy, it is one of those superb 'house of horror' style shots that turn everyday, supposedly fun things, into malevolent beings just waiting for a Hollywood darkness-that-isn't-dark to descend so that they can rampage.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #169 on: 22 December, 2012, 03:16:41 pm »
Am doing my first proper wedding today, got lucky with very attractive couple and great venue, not so much with the weather...  Am currently siting in the bar having a sandwich and cuppa while they all eat lunch, then it's speeches / cake / first dance and I'm offski.

Quite stressful but am loving it - and got another booking for a wedding in Barcelona for the chauffeur and his partner in the spring 😄(if they like these photos...)

Will post pics when i can, but I'm v pleased with the quick scan on the LCD. Fingers crossed. 

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #170 on: 22 December, 2012, 04:36:27 pm »
Good luck, Mike - I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  Are you shooting with the big SLR kit or the Leica?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #171 on: 22 December, 2012, 09:00:13 pm »
Hope it all went well, Mike.
Getting there...

« Reply #172 on: 22 December, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »
Just got home. SLR all day; the Leica is lovely but not great in low light. I'd also be terrified of missing focus on 'that' shot....

The weather was *awful*. The light wasn't bad in the church but the reception was mainly in a wood-panelled cave of a room.  The SD card is in the computer, the wine is open and I don't plan to look at them till tomorrow.

Was fun though. Nice people, having a lovely day.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Re: Have you been out with your camera today?
« Reply #173 on: 22 December, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »
Just got home. SLR all day; the Leica is lovely but not great in low light. I'd also be terrified of missing focus on 'that' shot....

The weather was *awful*. The light wasn't bad in the church but the reception was mainly in a wood-panelled cave of a room.  The SD card is in the computer, the wine is open and I don't plan to look at them till tomorrow.

Was fun though. Nice people, having a lovely day.
Been there, done that.  Metz 45CL4 bounced off the ceiling, f/4 on ISO 100.  It just worked for 120 people.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #174 on: 23 December, 2012, 09:51:03 am »
Went to a wedding at Edinburgh castle on Friday. Dark with warm lighting. The official photographer (friend of the bride) was using flash bounced, with no filter. I hope the photos are B&W or there will be some interesting colour casts.
Might put a shot up later.