Author Topic: Taxi Vans  (Read 2564 times)

Taxi Vans
« on: 10 April, 2008, 08:17:14 pm »
Has anyone any experience of these in London?  Who to use or avoid?

Basically, I have to move a double bed and mattress.  Most things I can move myself, since in general I moved them in myself (some dismantling now required).  The bed was delivered by a couple of blokes who chucked it around like they moved stuff like that all day, which they did.

Theoretically I think I might be able to get a double mattress on the roof rack of a Corsa, but it's probably asking for trouble, so it seems more sensible to get someone to come along, who can help me to get the mattress, and a few other bulky odds and sods, like the rest of the bed, into the back of a Transit or Luton or whatnot, and drive it 6 miles South for me.
Actually, it is rocket science.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Taxi Vans
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2008, 08:19:07 pm »
I saw one of them today.

I'm not sure if you get "staff" with them too, aren't they just a rent a van by the hour company.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #2 on: 10 April, 2008, 08:25:49 pm »
I saw one of them today.

I'm not sure if you get "staff" with them too, aren't they just a rent a van by the hour company.

It seems to vary, some will help with loading/unloading, some will but charge additionally for it.

Jakob

« Reply #3 on: 10 April, 2008, 11:38:04 pm »
Yes, we used them once when my girlfriend moved into my place. Colleagues had recommend them and our driver was a hard working friendly Polish guy.

« Reply #4 on: 10 April, 2008, 11:53:58 pm »
...but which one? There are now many companies that use the phrase Taxi-Van somewhere in their name.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #5 on: 11 April, 2008, 08:57:25 am »
The one I saw yesterday was http://www.taxivansuk.co.uk/ if they are any good I do not know as I have never used one. Though a friend of mine whom I was helping moving in a hurry rented one around 10 years ago where there was a driver and he did give a helping hand, but then again she didn't have much (just too much for a taxi). I can't remember what the company was called, sorry for not being at much help. But I'm sure that they are pretty much the same. Find a local one at a price you are happy to pay.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit