Off Topic > Arts and Entertainment

What was the last film you watched?

<< < (483/2089) > >>

Mr Larrington:

--- Quote from: LEE on 17 May, 2012, 03:49:26 pm ---Hugh Grant films can often give the impression of a card-cutout actor.

--- End quote ---

Daniel Craig makes Hugh Grant look like Robert de Niro.

Just sayin'

AndyK:

--- Quote from: Mr Larrington on 21 May, 2012, 01:41:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: LEE on 17 May, 2012, 03:49:26 pm ---Hugh Grant films can often give the impression of a card-cutout actor.

--- End quote ---

Daniel Craig makes Hugh Grant look like Robert de Niro.

Just sayin'

--- End quote ---

You have obviously never seen Our Friends In The North.

Wascally Weasel:
Just got back from seeing The Raid - was billed by reviewers as a mix of western action with hard martial arts.

It was much more of a straight martial arts movie, not much story or characterisation, a few hints at the supposed influences of the filmmaker - I got the nod to Infernal Affairs but not much else.

I like action films, dumb and otherwise but I found this quite boring and even almost walked out, only the knowledge that Ms Weasel was at home with Eurovision kept me in the cinema until the end.

The martial arts sequences were impressive at times although looked to be clearly censored in places.

geraldc:
The Dictator

I liked it. Not as classic as Borat, but better than Bruno.

The soundtrack was awesome.

Mr Larrington:
Man On Wire.  Probably still available on iPlayer for a few days.  The tale of hatstand French wire-walker Philippe Petit wandering about between the Twin Towers in August 1974.  He seems completely rational on film...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version