Author Topic: Club Kit suppliers  (Read 3390 times)

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
Club Kit suppliers
« on: 27 April, 2019, 09:08:26 pm »
Does anyone have any recommendations? I have agreed to help with the club kit and we need a new supplier. Small clubs, about 40 members.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Club Kit suppliers
« Reply #1 on: 27 April, 2019, 09:21:46 pm »
Owayo made the YACF kit and I'd use them again if they hadn't changed their discount policy on multiple colourways.  This isn't going to be an issue for club kit as it'll all be the same.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2 on: 27 April, 2019, 09:22:05 pm »
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

menthel

« Reply #3 on: 27 April, 2019, 09:27:15 pm »
Thanks, will add them to the list!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4 on: 27 April, 2019, 09:45:20 pm »
Rapha, you know you want to ...

menthel

« Reply #5 on: 27 April, 2019, 09:46:28 pm »
Rapha, you know you want to ...

I would, the rest of the club on the other hand...

« Reply #6 on: 27 April, 2019, 09:53:08 pm »
We use Kalas.  We're a larger club than yours, about 250 members.  They do a range of clothing in the design you supply.  We have an 'online shop' which we open at intervals (prob twice a year), so members with the code order online at Kalas.  they deliver to us and we distribute.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #7 on: 27 April, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
I quite like the AUK/Fridays jerseys from Force GB.  Seems like a good option if you want to upload the design and leave it to members to buy their own individually.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #8 on: 28 April, 2019, 12:53:58 am »
Don't go with Milltag. We paid for our kit months ago, wanted it for in time to go Mallorca for our team matching outfits, were promised it a week ahead of that point and then got a delay with the explanation that 'April was a busy time'.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

menthel

« Reply #9 on: 28 April, 2019, 07:09:00 am »
Thanks all, more names on the list and one not!

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #10 on: 28 April, 2019, 07:32:36 am »
I'd endorse owayo having bought around 2,500 jerseys from them over the years for a series of charity events I used to organise - BUT they seem to have got a little pricey in the last 18 months or so ... not helped by Euro exchange rate (made in Germany).

At the moment our club is probably going with Gearclub for new jerseys - quality is comparable with owayo, and prices are good  (office in UK - although it's a Regis so may be just an accommodation address, manufactured in Pakistan)

Rob

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #11 on: 28 April, 2019, 07:36:09 am »
Our local ctc groups stuff is/ was made by Imp Sport iirc.

« Reply #12 on: 28 April, 2019, 07:38:10 am »
Don't go with Milltag. We paid for our kit months ago, wanted it for in time to go Mallorca for our team matching outfits, were promised it a week ahead of that point and then got a delay with the explanation that 'April was a busy time'.

Alas, this is standard behaviour from *all* club kit suppliers. Picking a kit supplier is all about picking which company you want to lie to you and deliver your order months late.

« Reply #13 on: 28 April, 2019, 07:50:57 am »

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #14 on: 28 April, 2019, 10:14:24 am »
Impsport offer a 'club shop'. You can put a bulk order in (once a year?) and get a discount depending on the size of the order. People joining the club mid season get the option to log in using a club password and buy separate items (but at a cost) and don't have to wait for the next bulk order.

« Reply #15 on: 28 April, 2019, 10:34:59 am »
I wouldn't use Force GB- the zips are flimsy and the cut poor (that's not sizing, it's design). The whole 'women's jerseys have 2 pockets, men's have 3' is just #everydaysexism.
Previous clubs have used Endura (delay, delay) and Impsport (nasty jerseys).
I think the VC167 are using Santini for our next batch but we haven't had a delivery yet.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #16 on: 28 April, 2019, 10:58:05 am »
I've had some poor quality Impsport and Endura stuff.  The Owayo winter jerseys get a tiny bit frayed around the collar but, apart from that, they're all holding up well after a decade.  Bear in mind that Owayo do a couple of different fits now.  The standard fit has slightly flappy arms, especially if you buy a size too large.  The sizing is very Italian, though, so I'm an L where I would be an M in a British- (except Rapha) or US-made jersey.  Owayo jerseys are similarlly sized to Rapha, i.e."medium" means "five foot seven and just escaped from a concentration camp".
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #17 on: 28 April, 2019, 01:26:16 pm »
My (french) club has been using Noret for at least the last 20 years. Quality seems good, they are pretty modulable, do very lightweight showerproof jackets and decent enough winter jackets. They even joined in the redesigning process when the club design was changed a couple of years ago. Ask for samples to get the sizing right! (They have a 1-7 size scale).
We did experiment with another supplier about 10 years ago, it was a disaster that was not repeated (the load was sent back to be redone or modified).
I have an Owayo jersey (from another club) but I don't like wearing it as much as the Noret stuff. They are probably cheaper than Noret though.

menthel

« Reply #18 on: 29 April, 2019, 10:34:25 am »

Alas, this is standard behaviour from *all* club kit suppliers. Picking a kit supplier is all about picking which company you want to lie to you and deliver your order months late.

Cheery thought! Although only months late will be an improvement over the last supplier!  :o

Thanks everyone, will add appropriately to the list to inquire with.

rob

« Reply #19 on: 29 April, 2019, 11:05:38 am »
We did have Santini but the skinsuit zips were made of cheese and I twice had to race with safety pins holding me together.

Last batch was Giordana.   The fit was very Italian (I'm a small with most manufacturers but needed a medium).

We've recently move to Champion Systems who are UK based and seem like a professional outfit - they do answer the phone and e-mails.   I haven't bought any of the kit yet so can't vouch for quality.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #20 on: 29 April, 2019, 12:16:29 pm »
I wouldn't use Force GB- the zips are flimsy and the cut poor (that's not sizing, it's design). The whole 'women's jerseys have 2 pockets, men's have 3' is just #everydaysexism.

I like the ForceGB women's cut, it manages to get the waist in the right place without being too big or restrictive in the shoulders.  But then I've come to accept that I'm fundamentally the wrong shape for clothes (I find Shimano shoes fit properly, too).  I've had more problems with Owayo zips, but mostly on the same jersey, so maybe that's a one-off defect...

Absolutely agreed about the pockets, thankfully I don't use them enough to get properly annoyed.

menthel

« Reply #21 on: 29 April, 2019, 12:21:10 pm »
 I think one of the criteria I will use is to only deal with someone who will supply samples in different sizes and sexes. We don't have many female members but the numbers are growing and I want to make sure we cater for all.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #22 on: 29 April, 2019, 12:29:59 pm »
I've never heard of this x2 pocketses business!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #23 on: 29 April, 2019, 12:32:58 pm »
https://www.scimitarsports.com/ certainly supplied samples for sizing.  That is samples of existing product before we had placed a single order with them.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #24 on: 29 April, 2019, 12:34:42 pm »
We use Kalas.  We're a larger club than yours, about 250 members.  They do a range of clothing in the design you supply.  We have an 'online shop' which we open at intervals (prob twice a year), so members with the code order online at Kalas.  they deliver to us and we distribute.
My club has just started using Kalas, and so far I think we're all very impressed. Quite a slow delivery, but not MUCH later than promised.

Jerseys are all stretchy/snug-fitting. This is new to me, I've mainly bought casual fit stuff (e.g. "event" jerseys), so I can't make good comparisons, but the racey boys like them, and so do I, so far. There do more than one style/price-point of each Thing.

They sent a decent selection for us to have a "try-on" evening. Seems a long time ago now ...  :P
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles