Author Topic: Keto Diet - who would benefit from it?  (Read 8704 times)

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Re: Keto Diet - who would benefit from it?
« Reply #75 on: 14 November, 2019, 01:45:42 pm »
Www.dietdoctor.com
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #76 on: 14 November, 2019, 10:14:23 pm »
The proportion of fat/carb useage is individually determined by adaptation, training and genetics, but faster increases carb useage Some athletes burn more fat for more output than others, which is probably an advantage in ultra endurance sport and (even) marathon, if only because it spares carb for later in a competitive race. I understand that there is also some evidence that a sustained keto adaptation may impair the 'top end' of carb fueled performance, which is pretty important if your an 800m runner say.
Yup, I'd go along with that!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #77 on: 15 November, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
Www.dietdoctor.com

This^^^!. Shopping list, meal plan, recipes.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #78 on: 17 November, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »
I’d recommend Our Path, which you can have prescribed on the NHS in some areas.  Having tried WeighWatchers and SlimmingWorld this I’d definitely say this is better for me, as it’s all online.  I’m 5 weeks in and have already lost nearly two stone.

It’s a low carb diet but I can assure you that you won’t get the carb cravings you tend to find with other ‘keto’ diets

I can give people a promotional code as well if anyone is interested
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

LMT

« Reply #79 on: 17 November, 2019, 07:32:48 pm »
I'm currently on the class A drug habit diet. Having an honest and sincere class a drug habit has seen me drop 16kg in 7 weeks. Would recommend only coke and smack though, meth can really mess you up.