Author Topic: Car parking near Olympic village  (Read 1291 times)

Car parking near Olympic village
« on: 17 April, 2019, 07:32:45 pm »
I'm going to be in That London for 3 days from tomorrow evening. I'll probably drive, seeing as Little Miss CM will have copious swimming kit

Apart from Stratford international, is there any car parking to the east of the swimming centre, within a mile or so?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
Re: Car parking near Olympic village
« Reply #1 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:46:50 pm »
I think there's a huge multi-storey carpark at what was the media centre by the velodrome off the A12.

« Reply #2 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:55:01 pm »
Apart from Stratford international, is there any car parking to the east of the swimming centre, within a mile or so?

That'll probably be in Newham. Resident's parking zones are free on bank holidays and Stratford South West has no weekend restrictions except when there's an event on, and there's a bloody football match on Saturday. So you can park for free on the street Thursday night, Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday.

If you head in other directions you may find free on street parking in other boroughs.

« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2019, 09:02:46 am »
Thanks, very useful to know.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #4 on: 19 April, 2019, 07:21:49 am »
There's also free on street parking at Fish Island, it's a short walk up the Lea to Lea Mills and the park.

« Reply #5 on: 19 April, 2019, 11:44:02 am »
Might be busy around the area as the Fed Cup is being played at the Copper thing this weekend too.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #6 on: 20 April, 2019, 08:08:54 am »
Thanks all. As it happens, I'm in Newham, but very close to Waltham Forest, where restrictions are much less stringent, so I've found a place to park the car about 6-7 minutes walk from the place where I'm staying. I'll be able to move it back outside after 9pm tonight.

« Reply #7 on: 21 April, 2019, 07:59:58 am »
Had I planned my arrival better, I could have parked for free the whole trip. The West Ham game involved some hassle, but nothing too arduous.