Author Topic: Audax Bike  (Read 9704 times)

Paul Smith SRCC

• Surrey Road Cyling Club
  • 45+ years a club rider, 33+ years in cycle trade.
    • www.plsmith.co.uk
Re: Audax Bike
« Reply #25 on: 23 June, 2008, 10:10:26 pm »
...A fella who settled for shimano brakes on his fancy audax bike because the shop told him that he had no choice could start to get e bit pissy about now...

(Not really - I'm not that brand loyal/snobby. But if I decide that the frame will take the campags, and cashflow allows at some stage...)
In fairness to whatever shop that was as I mentioned in my post I filed the slots down on mine, most shops wouldn't do that on a customers bike, this was my own personal bike and mainly just a frame change from this to this, so I already had the calipers. By the same token many retailers are understandably reluctant to specify then especially fit anything that they shouldn't, even though if need be often get away with doing so, such as pushing mechs past their recommended capacities for example.

Paul_Smith
www.bikeplus.co.uk

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #26 on: 23 June, 2008, 11:40:01 pm »
I have Campagnolo on mine, although I did file the slot a little, strictly speaking not recommended of course, would never do that to a customers bike; but that is my own.

I was almost tempted to do that, it would on have been a couple of millimetres, but Mrs P's Roberts has a Campag/Shimano mix so I knew it worked well enough.

fruitcake

• some kind of fruitcake
« Reply #27 on: 13 July, 2008, 09:56:02 am »

Complete with matchbox car as decoration.

Paul Smith SRCC

• Surrey Road Cyling Club
  • 45+ years a club rider, 33+ years in cycle trade.
    • www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: 13 July, 2008, 10:27:52 am »

Complete with matchbox car as decoration.
Yes Matchbox, although I always coveted Hot Wheels  :D

Paul_Smith