Author Topic: Harry Hall headset ?  (Read 2723 times)

meddyg

• 'You'll have had your tea?'
Harry Hall headset ?
« on: 09 February, 2013, 06:39:15 pm »
I'd bought a nice old Harry Hall in pre Internet days from the small ads in the CTC mag.
This was the old Polaroid he sent me prior to purchase!

Rode it for 5 years then it languished in the garage till we moved, stripped down to its black frame
I promised myself to get it resprayed and finally reassembled it last summer - trial fit of new components

And then head scratching over handlbars - I don't do drop bars any more cos of bad neck , hence the trial of flat bars - not exactly tri-bars are they - can't remember quite what they're called!

and then post respray - lovely Nile Green , I think  (Mario Vaz  did it and added stickers)

These bars are (of course) upside down drops with a bit cut off.

I need to bring them closer. My stock of in the shed quill  head sets look like this + the one fitted of course

What can I get off the shelf / on line / LBS that would do the job ?

Re: Harry Hall headset ?
« Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2013, 08:52:29 pm »
Check out HubJub and Velo Orange - lots of options.  I have a Nitto NJS stamped high-end quilll stem languishing if you fancy it.

meddyg

« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »
hence the trial of flat bars - not exactly tri-bars are they - can't remember quite what they're called!

ah, yes they are 'Aero' bars aren't they.
But too stretched out a riding position.

One option would indeed be drops with the 'suicide brakes' they're the dual brakes aren't they
I have a pair 'languishing' too.....

Tewdric, thanks for tip and offer; will get back to you

meddyg

« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2013, 09:47:07 pm »

Ah, there we are £16.50p poorer now from LBS - wuite a short head set and long stem made by Raleigh .
The hedge is in the way a bit but I'm pleased with the effect,
and have ridden it to work , mostly to pose outside my office....