Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2460054 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #4950 on: 03 December, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »
I think your bike's quite smashing, Jurek. But the wall really does spoil it. And the floor, though nice in itself, does it no justice. No doubt about it, your bike would look so much better in another setting - like my kitchen!  :)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #4951 on: 04 December, 2011, 09:03:04 am »
New, to me anyway, arrival. 2nd hand Brompton has now been re-homed to Southend. This one seems fast, must be coz its red  8)
Ordered some new tyres last night, Marathon +, so expect cursing, broken levers and nails from SE Essex soon.

The plan is our other Brompton will now get used more often as we can take them out together.

« Reply #4952 on: 04 December, 2011, 08:34:30 pm »
Treated my geared road bike to a new chainset and a clean, seems only right it gets a spot on here;

Just ordered her xmas present, a hope pro3 in red to match the son delux on the front.  Going to look schweet! 8)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #4953 on: 05 December, 2011, 09:18:33 am »
Aaargh! Pink seatpost and red dynohub. Criminal!

« Reply #4954 on: 05 December, 2011, 10:16:45 am »
it was red when I bought it, I have had it a few years though :-[

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4955 on: 05 December, 2011, 08:29:48 pm »
the moulton gets its christmas makeover in time for the essex xmas do :)

It was very clever how the tree turned white in the dark!

LEE

« Reply #4956 on: 05 December, 2011, 09:42:22 pm »
Treated my geared road bike to a new chainset and a clean, seems only right it gets a spot on here;

Just ordered her xmas present, a hope pro3 in red to match the son delux on the front.  Going to look schweet! 8)

Where was that taken?...I feel like I should know

« Reply #4957 on: 05 December, 2011, 09:52:57 pm »

...and another thing, how the blazes did you manage to take that kink out of the seatpost?

I have to say, that's exactly the sort of bike I'd like to have when I'm grown up.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #4958 on: 06 December, 2011, 11:22:13 am »
Mainly, well... because I can (and because just recently I've been cleaning it more than I've been riding it  >:()
Nearly four years and 20,000 miles on. Frame, forks, STIs, changers and brakes are original. Everything else has worn out and been replaced (at least once).

This is one of those bicycles that looks as if it is moving, even when it is parked.

Are those Easton EA-90 handlebars?
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #4959 on: 06 December, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »

This is one of those bicycles that looks as if it is moving, even when it is parked.

Are those Easton EA-90 handlebars?
I think that's down to all those diagonals going on there. It has been commented on previously.
The bars are VN's own 'Classics' and came off Pippa's Van Nic - we swapped - my original ones had a much deeper drop which she preferred.

Edit: Oh, and I've lopped around 15mm off the ends of the drops, as the RH one took some damage when I had my unscheduled flying lesson last year.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #4960 on: 10 December, 2011, 02:01:27 pm »
very nice bike Jurek, the one that stands out in our social rides. wheels certainly look better without decals (was planning to do the same to my ones) as well as the frame. (should i leave it at that?:))

« Reply #4961 on: 11 December, 2011, 01:07:48 pm »
...... wheels certainly look better without decals (was planning to do the same to my ones) .....

A hair dryer helps make the job less messy, and quicker.

« Reply #4962 on: 11 December, 2011, 04:18:46 pm »
...... wheels certainly look better without decals (was planning to do the same to my ones) .....

more details please before I steal Janes hairdryer
Nuns, no sense of humour

« Reply #4963 on: 11 December, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »

more details please before I steal Janes use my hairdryer

Your hair dryer will soften the adhesive to the point where you can pretty much just peel the sticker off, without having to resort to using much (or, if you get it spot-on, any) solvent to deal with what remains.
You don't need to cook it.
Un-pick the corner of a sticker using your fingernail, or someone else's if you have none.
Lift the sticker and apply some extension.
Then Give It The Gun.
When it is ready it'll part from the rim like the fading memory of a distant sweetheart in One Of Those Dreams.
Take off your tyres before you start.
Lighter fuel is pretty good at cleaning up any residual deposits which might remain.*

*Pls do be putting out the fag when you do this bit.

« Reply #4964 on: 11 December, 2011, 05:08:56 pm »
Ta muchly that man, most poetic as well  ;D

Worryingly the advice to take the tyre off first was good, I'd not have bothered otherwise  :facepalm:
Nuns, no sense of humour

« Reply #4965 on: 12 December, 2011, 07:29:36 pm »

Where was that taken?...I feel like I should know

Kitzy's back garden, in Hennock, Devon.

AlbionLass

« Reply #4966 on: 14 December, 2011, 10:30:03 am »
New here and by way of an introduction (my bikes may at least me a little more interesting than I am  ;) )
My old faithful, rescued from a skip, Scott Apache, the bike that does the really dirty work (that includes anything that necessitates being locked up anywhere for more than a few hours). Soon to find itself coupled to a turbo and wearer of a trainer tyre.

My newly aquired Scott hybrid. My winter and towpath bike.
Rides really well for the money, comfortable and fast, well pleased with this latest purchase.

My best bike, Bob Jackson Audax Club. Had the frame built and then built the bike up myself last year. Fits me like a glove, I'm still at the stage of wanting to baby this bike so it is wrapped in dust sheets at the moment awaiting Spring 2012.

I also have a shed full to bursting with frames and bits that seem to find their way here from all over, really need to have a clear out.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4967 on: 14 December, 2011, 01:00:11 pm »
Two rescued from the local auctions last night.

First up a 1975 Peugeot AE8 Having researched it a bit more, I think it is an 1979-83 PH8.  I am hoping it is the later end of that date range (but unlikely due to the head badge) as Peugeot transitioned from French to British threads starting 1980.

Secondly a Elswick Hopper, of unknown vintage (and it's too cold to be outside looking for details...

Obviously for a start the Elswick needs the pedals putting back on the right way round, the bats straightening and the tyres pumping up.  According tot he chart on oldbike.eu the Elswick is either a 1964 or 1967, with the SA hub a June 1979 AG3 3speed/dynamo.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4968 on: 14 December, 2011, 04:07:37 pm »
Albionlass, what's the black think on the fork of your Bob Jackson?  Nice bikes by the way and welcome to yacf.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #4969 on: 14 December, 2011, 04:11:46 pm »
is it the "transducer" for a wireless computer? do I see a magnet on a spoke to the right of the object in question?

welcome to AlbionLass

AlbionLass

« Reply #4970 on: 14 December, 2011, 05:57:01 pm »
Hi, yes it's for the wireless computer.

« Reply #4971 on: 14 December, 2011, 09:39:08 pm »
Nice bikes AlbionLass  :thumbsup:
I like the colour of your Bob Jackson.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4972 on: 14 December, 2011, 09:48:56 pm »
That's a nice Jackson :thumbsup:

And welcome.
Getting there...

gordon taylor

« Reply #4973 on: 14 December, 2011, 10:44:10 pm »
Welcome AlbionLass, it's lovely to see you on the forum... and your bikes are nice.

Please bear in mind, that in the fine tradition of YACF, everyone's bike photos will be criticised for background grass cutting, fence painting, kitchen tidiness, bookshelf titles and floor sanding expertise.... it's much safer to photograph your bikes on top of a white sheet.

;D ;)

Welcome!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4974 on: 14 December, 2011, 10:48:06 pm »
Oh, yeah...

The floor under the MTB needs sanding and/or varnishing.
The fence behind the Scott is a bad colour choice.
The lawn under the Bob Jackson is patchy.

But your bikes are great (especially the Jackson) (and my house is a bit of a tip!)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.